please i need an honest answer :(

Posted , 7 users are following.

Even though i have pins and needles on my hands and feet but my reflexes are working...does that mean its not guillain barre syndrome ....

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes it does. Pins and needles are a classic symptom of anxiety. It's not GBS sweetie. (((hugs))) x
    • Posted

Its just a few weeks ago i read about it on the net and then i started to get the symptoms..i also have a head cold and when i read thats what can trigger it i now think i have it and getting strange symotoms...xxx
  • Posted

It's much, much, much more likely to be anxiety. Pins and needles is common. I know how hard it is to accept when your mind is so sure of something but if this is taking over your life you need to treat the anxiety
    • Posted

Really im jus so scared...i keep tapping my reflexes to check if they are working...i remember the other night my left arm went so weak...like it seized up...this is so hard....im on 20 mg prozac for anxiety...ive been on them 5 weeks xx
  • Posted

My ex had guillian barre, it's very rare and more common in men. I've got Generalised anxiety and get pins and needles in my arm and the top of my foot - I didn't realise it was a symptom of anxiety but reading through others people's symptoms it's common. Rest assured you won't have GB
    • Posted

Really it

s more common in men....it

s really hard to think its anxiety..xx

• Posted

We did lots of research on it and he didn't even mention pins and needles it was a different sensation to that he didn't even have a cold. He made a full recovery in a few months and was back at his physical job in within 3. I'm always thinking the worse is going to happen and have to talk myself out thinking like that. Keep off Google! X
  • Posted

You have symptoms because you fixate on something you have read, you know yourself deep down thats all it is. You've been obsessed with GBS for a while,and pretty clearly anxiety is the problem, thats just what health anxiety is. You'll drive yourself crazy if you dont stay off Google,your just digging a big whole of needless worry for yourself. Keep talking to drs and therapists and be honest about your fixation, and stay off google! There are ways to get past things like this but you need to be honest with the medical profession and you need to address your fixation and not give in to it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.