Please..please help me..

Posted , 3 users are following.

About a month ago I started developing tension headaches that only really happened more on the left side of my head rather than on both sides and really bad neck pain that is more on the left side. I went to the ER and to my primary doctor because I was 100 % sure I had a brain tumor and they asked if I had any other symptoms apart from the headaches and they also did a neurological test where they test my reflexes and check if I can follow their fingers with my eyes and not move my head and they said that it was simply just tension headaches, that I was fine.

I had a tension headache for a month and then it went away for about three weeks, I was pain free and happy!! A couple of days ago they came back -_- and its about the same kind of dull pain but this time it goes over my eyebrow and my eye a little and it feels like my eye is cold. Now me being a hypochondriac I now assume I still have a brain tumor my psychologist and everyone else that I talk to this about say that they don't think that if I had a brain tumor or an aneurysm it would leave me be for three weeks and not give me pain whatsoever and then randomly come back, unfortunately I don't seem to get this through my head that I'm perfectly fine and I wanted to know your opinions

By the way I have recently been diagnosed by my psychologist with severe clinical depression, severe generalized anxiety disorder with panic.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi cindy,

I also get a headache on one side. Mine is followed by numbness down my right side. My doctor thinks it is migraine. My anxiety makes it worse because I'm tense and worried I have something serous. My eye keeps aching really badly and I'm convinced something isn't right. All my reflexes are good and the doctor assures me it's not a brain tumour as they cause other symptoms which I don't have and I would be really ill. I'm waiting for a neurogenic appointment and I'm hoping they will give me a scan to put my mind at rest. Maybe you should ask for the same.

• Posted

My therapist wants me to go to a neurologist so they can give me an Mri so I can finally have piece of mind since I don't want to listen to anyone. I think she's just tired of hearing me complaining about it lol
    • Posted

Exactly the same as me! My doctor is fed up of seeing me lol
  • Posted

I had similar symptoms to you but as I've always had migraines no Dr would believe that this head pain was different and ear, far worse.

i think you have a problem in your neck, the head pain you feel is referred pain as the pain travels from the nerves at the back of your neck up over your head. If the pain is felt really to the side, say over your ear, that shows one neural path. If the pain lands at your eye--- as mine did--- it's along a different neural path.

7 doctors saw me, on hospital and GP, not one worked it out. 5 minutes at a chiropractor she identified it exactly, 6 weeks of treatment, cost me about £250, worth every penny. Now I can tell exactly if a headache is caused by my neck stiffening up again and I can treat it myself with an ice pack followed by gentle movement.

the pain was the worst I've ever known, and I've had 40 years of migraines so I know how awful you feel. If you can see a chiropractor who is recommended by a friend, relative, neighbour, colleague. 

Good luck. I hope this is your problem as its easily righted.

• Posted

It does feel like it's coming from my neck. It feel like as if my muscles in my neck are being pinched or squeezed and it feels like it goes up over my ear and i feel it in my temple. It feels like a pressure and sometimes shooting pain. Right now it's causing my left nostril to feel like as if I have to sneeze lol I've always thought it was my neck but I can't seem to want to believe it. I'll definitely ask thank you. You made me feel slightly better
    • Posted

Your right I saw a chiropractor and it really helped my neck/headaches. I've stopped going because it's too expensive and it's come back again!
    • Posted

I just saw the chiropractor for 6 weeks. Occasionally I wake up with a stiff neck, head hurting, especially if I fall asleep on more than one pillow. Try a wrapped ice pack on the back of your neck, then the sides. I then run the shower on my head and neck for 10 minutes. Occasionally I use a gel on my neck ( Muscgel) or a spray ( Biofreeze) I've taken less than one pack of paracetamol in 6 months. Can't believe the difference from this time last year. 

I hope you can get your neck/ head back on track.

• Posted

I take a pack of paracetamol a week at the moment. It can't be any good. Thank you for your help x
    • Posted

Hollyberry, do you take a preventive medication for migraine?  if so, what?  What do you take as an abortive medication for migraine?  I'm desperate for help.  I've had chronic persistent migraine for 30+ years.  I've tried so many things; meds, acupunture, chiropractor, botox...nothing is helping.  just got a script filled for Viibryd (cost a bloody fortune!) and came home and read reviews....SCARY!!!
  • Posted

I am sure you're right, muscles are moved out if place, or somehow tightened up and are squeezing the nerves. I did mine by sanding 4 rooms of floor boards with a heavy machine!

The chiropractor showed me 2 diagrams, and one definitely went over the ears.

if you can see a chiropractor. It will give you a proper diagnosis and put your mind at res. 

let us know what happens.

• Posted

I've been pretty tense, since I'm going on a trip tomorrow to New York for a week. I've never really been good at vacations so my therapist thinks that that's causing me some stress and the tension is what's giving me so much pain. I sometimes press my knuckle deep into the side of my neck near the head and it hurts so much it feels good but i simply just can't make myself believe that all of those muscles are connected and that they all are tense and cause pain.
    • Posted

You will enjoy yourself when you get there everything will probably stop its just the worry.
    • Posted

I'm hoping it does stop because it really is a bother and it dampens my mood lol I'm always moping around and complaining about the pain and I'm just always with a sad face on because I worry & I feel like I've changed. I'm constantly worried and it's affecting my family because they see me suffer and they don't want to see me like that and I annoy them about it
    • Posted

Sometimes I get scared because my neck hurts so much and I don't know if it's my neck or my head and I get so scared because I don't want to die and I can't stop panicking and I'm making myself nauseous and dizzy because I feel myself getting anxious and my jaw hurts

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.