Please Read!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I just recently had my Bartholin cyst drained, the moments leading up to that point were so painful and unnecessary.

I've read multiple herbal remedies, home remedies, and tried a couple but none of them worked. I went to the store and bought Serrapeptase, tea tree oil, and ibuprofen. I didn't know that both serrapeptase and ibuprofen are blood thinners which really showed not to be a problem in the end, I just stopped taking them. But the tea tree oil was the worse. I'm not exaggerating when I say it burnt my skin off, which is my fault and I'm aware. I just want to urge those who are trying home remedies to protect your skin before using any oils. Also hot soaks do not help at all, they dry you out and also produce more bacteria.

I also found that since my skin was now rough and dry and irritated that Vaseline petroleum jelly was a life saver, it healed the dry skin and actually promoted self drainage!

Anyways, for those who are new to Bartholin cysts and are desperate for relief, do alot of research! And if you are looking to get your bartholin cyst drained ask for someone who has more than enough experience! It is so nice to have someone who knows what they're doing helping you out!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I never had luck with home remedies and you are not alone with tea tree oil, it burned my skin raw and it was sore for days.
  • Posted

I never had luck with home remedies and you are not alone with tea tree oil, it burned my skin raw and it was sore for days.
    • Posted

It was the worse, when i started using the vaseline it started healing it but it looked so disgusting because it was developing a new layer of skin.
  • Posted

Tea tree hurt me too, I think the point of it is to try to get the cyst burst on its own? Either way I can't ever endure the pain long enough for mine to burst. I've never had a homeopathic remedy work for me ; (

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.