Please recomendations for shoes after 6 weeks post op

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

Can some body recomend me some shoes or sandals I can start wearing after 6 weeks of walking in my boot?  I will appreciate your advise so much.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Teva active sandals are so comfortable and a supportive step from the wedge boot.  Also Hotters have wide fit Velcro strap shoes.  Alternatively you could try some wider fitting trainers, I bought gofit Skechers.  Hope that helps?
    • Posted

Barbara,

Thank youVERY much.  I will find someone to take me to the store.  I bought birkestone and I couldn't walk for more than 5 min.  I will give it a try.  I live in San Diego.

• Posted

I got Keen Marshall walking trainers, they have a wide toe box & are super comfy. I have also got fiflop goodstock sandals, they don't have toe post but 3 adjustable straps incl one round your ankle. They're not very elegant & only brown or black but again really comfortable. Amazon have them on sale just now, fitflop's own site don't have them any more. Good luck & hope that helps

• Posted

fiona,

Thank you so much for this info.  I used Keen for a long time but they didn't have any support for my inward walk and the bunion got very bad after 1 year of wearing keen.  I love them because they are so comfortable.  in my case I need a support to avoid another surgery sad

• Posted

Hi Marisol, Without hesitation I would recommend Crocs 'Classic' slip on clog-type sandals. At 9 weeks I bought a pair - a size bigger than normal - to allow for my foot being slightly swollen. They were a dream to wear. They have a supportive footbed which is shaped to the natural form of your foot and I had asked my surgeon in advance if it was acceptable to wear these? He said he wore them himself all the time in theatre and therefore he had 'no objections' to me wearing either. I am now 10 months post op and everything has healed wonderfully well with a beautifully shaped foot and all the twinges and slight discomfort of the early months has now gone. I forget sometimes my foot was ever operated on! I am 70 by the way so no spring chicken. Good luck with your continued recovery and hope yòu do as well as me. LadyPink
    • Posted

Hi LadyPink,

Thank you for sharing your experience.  I definitely will check these sandals.  I am 65 years old and walk inward so I need the support.  Could you tell me where did you buy them (on line or the store)?  Thnk you.  I am 5 weeks post op and walking with the boot in this hot weather that increases the swalling sad  I look forwad reading your answer to this email.  Thank you very much.

Best

• Posted

Hi Marisol, Without hesitation I would recommend Crocs 'Classic' slip on clog-type sandals. At 9 weeks I bought a pair - a size bigger than normal - to allow for my foot being slightly swollen. They were a dream to wear. They have a supportive footbed which is shaped to the natural form of your foot and I had asked my surgeon in advance if it was acceptable to wear these? He said he wore them himself all the time in theatre and therefore he had 'no objections' to me wearing either. I am now 10 months post op and everything has healed wonderfully well with a beautifully shaped foot and all the twinges and slight discomfort of the early months has now gone. I forget sometimes my foot was ever operated on! I am 70 by the way so no spring chicken. Good luck with your continued recovery and hope yòu do as well as me. LadyPink
    • Posted

I just saw in Amazon 2 type of shoes  One is close in closed in the front of the foot and the other one is a sandal (high heal and open toes).  Could you advise me wich one.  I cannot attach the image here.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.