Please see my reply to slugs

Posted , 3 users are following.

See my reply to slugs

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carol,

I read your message to slugs.  RE: "Any thoughts?"

I've never seen anyone discussing having BOTH BPPV and MD.  I'm so sorry!  I must admit that my first thought is: "Any amount of vertigo is too much vertigo!" My next thought is that you seem to be having the same symptoms as anyone else with progressive MD - the unsteadiness, tinnitus, and hearing loss: Your only blessing is fewer episodes of vertigo.  Has your hearing loss been steadily increasing?   Are Epley Maneuvers part of your vestibular therapy?Are you on diuretics and rescue meds?  Do you maintain a low sodium diet?  Have you asked your doctor if intratympanic steroid injections might help you in any way?  

(I have a vascular loop as well, but my otolaryngologist doesn't seem to think it's a big deal.  I don't quite understand that.)

What are your physicians telling you, in terms of symptom control and preventing further hearing loss?

Those are my thoughts, ideas and questions.  I wish I could be of more help.  Perhaps there's someone else on the forum who has had success in managing both diseases simultaneously.

I hope you'll share more about your condition.  

Take good care,

J- 

• Posted

Hi,

Yes I'm on diazyde and have Zofran for vomiting. Sometimes the Epley will work and sometimes not. My doc is not concerned with the vessel loops either. (???) The doctor basically gave me the impression that I wasn't ill enough and to try therapy again. So frustrating. I also trip a lot and have fallen or almost fallen several times. The doc just said to be careful.

• Posted

Hi Carol,

I was was diagnosed with Menieres earlier this year then was told by a physical therapist that I have BPPV. You're the only other person I have seen on this site to say something of that regard. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.