please someone help me, my saddness is just too much

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagoized with Hyperthyroidism about 2 years ago, this doctor told me that it was just a fluke, my mother had hypothyroidism and was Obesite she was over 500lbs i never had a good appepitate my whole life but i ate. now for about 9 months i have had horrible eating, and i was always around 128 the highest down to 118lbs never went any lower and now i am only 99 lbs and can't gain weight. no doctor will help me because they say my t3-t4 levels are at its normal level. but not knowing that this any everything else that is happening to me that i would lose my husband over all this Bullsh--. please i need someone to help me figure out what to do and what other kinds of tests i need for these doctor's to do. my heart is breaking and my soul feels broken.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You need to know all your lab report results.  If your TSH level is less than 0.40, you are considered as having hyperthyroidism, even if on medication your T3-T4 levels are normal.  In some labs the value diagnostic of hyperthyroidism is 0.70.  So always ask for a paper copy of your lab tests and keep a file on them so you can see your progress.  You also need to know your diagnosis and there is no thyroid diagnosis that I know of called "just a fluke" so ask your doc what your diagnosis is and why he/she thinks it is that.  I have a friend who had a colonoscopy where the doctor used a scope that was too big and damaged her.  She had thyroid problems and extreme weight loss ever since, probably caused by a tear in her internal organs.

• Posted

Oh I am so sorry. Unfortunately I don't have much advice because I am in a somewhat similar predicament and have no clue what to do either. I've had symptoms for 9 months but I started out 140lbs so I'm only down to around 120. I have hyperthyroid symptoms yet my levels keep fluctuating so they say they can't treat it. It is so incredibly frustrating and terrifying. I don't know if you are also experiencing the mental symptoms that can come along with, I am and it makes it so much harder to emotionally deal with the other symptoms. I can't imagine going through that kind of a trauma at this point as well. That just really really sucks.

My levels fluctuate so often that I am currently on a plan of testing very month and waiting to see if it does something consistently that they can treat.

You only mention your T3 and 4 what about your TSH levels were they normal too? I've had points where everything was normal but my TSH was elevated.

So sorry I can't be of more help, I can only commiserate. Hang in there.

• Posted

The only diseases of thyroid I know of with such fluctuating levels are Hashimoto's thyroiditis or pheochromocytoma.  Pheochromocytoma is a disease of the adrenal glands but it causes fluctuations in thyroid hormones.  Ask your doc if there is a possibility that you may have either of these diseases.

• Posted

Hello Mary I was the same as you my mother had graves and lost so much weight I had an aunt who died. I nearly died I could not stop- eating my heart was trying to leave my body and I was losing so much blood.my doctor told did a blood test which was in the normal range and said I was going though the change and booked me in for hysterectomy it was only when I collapsed at work and was taken back to the surgery where I saw another of the practices DR. he took my blood and at 10:30pm my husband got a call to get me to hospital first thing in the morning I was then down to less then 5 stone the endocrinologist could not understand why the first doctor had picked up the fact I was having a thyrotic storm. after many months of treatment and radioactive treatment I recovered. Most of my family have some form of thyroid problems. You must ask to see another doctor and be refered to an Endocrinologist I know how low you are feeling My husband or my sister came with to all my appointments as I couldnt take everything in they were telling  me.

regards Jacky

Ps I did not have staring eys or a lump in my throat as my mother had and this is what most Doctors seem to go on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.