Plesase someone help my back is unequal

Posted , 4 users are following.

For about a year now I've noticed my the right side of my back is much larger than my left! It does not hurt or bother me it's just very annoying knowing that it's like that. I lift weights a lot I try to use that side more but does not seem to work. I've also been going to a chiropractor and that does not seem to help either and just don't know what to do and I want this to go away. I also have pictures but don't know how to post them

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I would also like to add I'm only 21
  • Posted

Hi....most of us have unequal body parts and the fact of your unequal chest may have only emerged once you started lifting. I have noticeably unequal legs and upper arms. I haven't been age 21 for quite a while now, so it doesn't really bother me (but does when I'm buying tops with sleeves)

If it is really noticeable to you, you might want to have it checked out just to make sure there isn't a mechanical problem with your muscles or ligaments, in that they aren't growing with exercise as they should. Also I realize this is upsetting to you, but if it's any comfort, I'm sure others aren't noticing this as much as you do smile I would get it checked by your regular doctor just to ease your mind.

• Posted

Thank you very much I appreciate the reply! Yeah I just don't want it be something that could cause problems down the road! When I bend over you can see a very big difference in height! If you have an email or something I would like to show you the picture. I don't think you can post pictures on here from a phone
  • Posted

Dear GL,

I don't know much about this sort of thing, but I'm thinking you have overworked that side of your body, and that's why the right side has overdeveloped.  I read just a little bit about it. 1. Discover Your Discrepancies

Sometimes the imbalances in our bodies don’t manifest until much later because the regularity of your activity just feels natural. You may not know you are catering to one side of your body over the other.

Forget the chiropractor. If you are in the UK, I think you need to go see a physiatherapist. If you are in the US, I would go see a Sports Doctor. You could even have scoliosis. I would try to google scoliosis and sports.  I don't know how to post pictures either. But good luck. 

• Posted

Has anyone checked your spine for scoliosis? Sometimes when you have scoliosis, one side of your back is higher. My niece who is very tall had the same problem and it turmed out to be scoliosis. If it turns out to be nothing, don't worry about it. Life is too short to worry about non-medical problems. ...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.