Pls help me..? Pic included

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

Alright I have included a picture. I have had this on and off since I was 12. I am 18 and not active. How can I get rid of this scarring? Can somebody please reply!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, first of all I wantto let you know you aren't alone. This condition is one that can make you feel very isolated and that you can't talk to anyone about it, and you feel like  you are the only one who has it, but that isn't the case.  You will find a lot of support and practical suggestions on here.

?The fact you've put up that picture tells me you are feeling desperate.

?Can you tell us a bit about what treatments you've already had, what doctors you have seen? I don't want to start suggesting things that you have already tried.

• Posted

Hi Jay. I have not seen any doctors yet. I am kind of embarrassed to. I don't know what this is. I just want to get rid of all the scars. I sometimes get breakouts there still

• Posted

Please see your GP. Sorry, I don't know where you live, if you aren't in UK then whatever the equivalent is of a GP!

?I know you feel embarrassed,  it's in an embarrassing place and it's not a very nice thing to have to show someone. But believe me, doctors have seen it all before. I'm speaking here as a Nurse.

?Make the appointment, and in the meantime, try and remember everything you can about your experience of this condition, and write it down. This may not be HS.

• Posted

Ok thank you so much! I think I will just go and ignore how I feel about it because I seriously need the help! I mean it's like so embarrasing. I can't even have a boyfriend because of it 

• Posted

You've said it yourself, you seriously need the help!

?I know what you mean, I only developed the condition after I was married and had children, but even so I felt embarrassed about it with my husband. You are just a young woman and have all your life ahead of you, and that includes a fulfilling relationship. Take control of this, don't let it control you.

?I know that no matter what I tell you about doctors seeing it all before, you are still going to feel embarrassed when you go. That's OK, doctors are used to patients feeling embarrassed!  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.