Pls pls help advice needed weird sensation when falling asleep

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all I suffer from anxiety and am on proprananol for my fast heart, the last couple of weeks I've felt really dizzy and nauseous had all bloods and ecgs done etc with fine results but the last few nights il have my eyes shut ready to go to sleep and it's like a big whoosh/wave comes over me and my heart skips a beat and I have to take a big breath which really is frightening me doesn't anybody else get this ???? X

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I did about 5-6 times at my worst, had a few night terrors too. There's a reason for this. It's like a full body hiccup. It's nothing to be scared off its just your body getting rid of excess energy before it goes to rest. Look it up, your fast heart rate is from you thinking it's something malicious.
  • Posted

Did you used to take a big breath before it passed it literally only lasts 2 seconds just such a strange feeling x
    • Posted

Yeah it kind of feels like you're gasping. For me personally I was over anxious and my muscles and body was so drained. It's just your body trying to sort it's self out. It's nothing to be fearful of.
  • Posted

I'm just so frightened really does scare me.I've got horrendous knots in my shoulders/neck and back too and have got a massage booked I'm also wondering does that contribute to dizziness and chest pains too
    • Posted

There's many factors as to why you could be dizzy anxiety causes you to breathe improperly which unbalances your oxygen and carbon dioxide levels which will make you dizzy. You can experiment this yourself by breathing rapidly and shortly like you were panting, after 30 seconds or so your levels will make you dizzy.

As for knots causing chest pains. YES. Entirely. A muscle knot will cause you to under use one muscle group from pain in the back this will put added pressure on surrounding muscle groups, your neck, scalp, shoulders, breasts and chest could be affected, have someone work on them I bet you'll notice a difference

• Posted

Thankyou so much for all your help!!! You have been such a help it's nice to chat to people who have experienced the same things ...... So the sleeping jerk thing it totally nothing to worry about? It makes me think my heart has stopped for a sec lol
    • Posted

Definitely nothing to worry about! If it bothers you loads still after today then speak to your GP as I'm not a doctor.. But from how you describe it it sounds like a very benign situation followed by some worry and anxiety!

And no worries :] happy to help try relax a bit, listen to nice music quietly when you go to bed or something, just ease you into sleeping a bit better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.