Polycystic kidney disease pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

For three months now I have been in pain sometimes to the point where I can not move it hurts to much and the pain killers have stopped working does anyone else suffer like this and is there anything I can do to ease the pain???

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am in pain all the time with my kidneys. Docs dont quite know why. Someone has just suggested polysystic kidneys so im going to look into that.

Just thought maybe something like that would show up on scans.

How did you find out what it was?

Steph

• Posted

I know the only way you can have PKD is if one parent has it, my father and his side has it and it was found by an ultrasound something so simple shows the cysts it's the cheapest way, hope that helps smile
    • Posted

Im glad you know what it is. Ive had so many scans over the years I think if I had that surely they wouldve picked it up by now. Still going to suggest it though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.