polyp operation

Posted , 8 users are following.

home now after uterine polyp operation today.

it was nothing to be scared about.

too early to say if its stopped my pelvic pain symptoms but will keep updating .

i still have pain on my left pelvis but dont know if thats cos the polyp was chopped off.

i have 2 positive things happening.

i dont have the urge to pipi all the time and i have just eaten and have no indigestion. hoorah !!

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chica that all sounds good!!  I have some pelvic pain but feels like it is actually on my hip bone...is this what your pain was like?

• Posted

my pain (is was) where i think my ovary is on the left.sometimes wriggly feeling lower down.

if my op has worked then my other symptoms should be relieved also.

pressure on bladder, indigestion heartburn after eating or even drinking water, gas,nausea,painful sex, runny bm,brain fog,.

sometimes i'd get what felt like period pain but i'm well past that age.

because the gynnos were saying all was normal (for over 3 years) i developed my own theories of alternative causes.as you do when researching the internet.

god knows how many times i wormed meself.

then thought a filshy sterilization clip had wandered.

overgrowth of candida was another idea in my head but i now think that the pharmseutical companies invented that one.

i'm left with pelvic conjestion syndrome if this operation hasnt worked.

its like a varicus vein going into yor lady parts.

cant help thinking that it would have been picked up on myCT scan.

so i've got to think positive about the polyp i've had removed for now.

if your pain is in your hip bone thats a mystery to me.

do you have any other symptoms?

lets hope some of our ladies can be of help to you.

take care

• Posted

Thank you...I don't think my pain is linked to anything to do with gyno after reading your post but I do need to wee all the time but this comes and goes.  I do think my issue is the menopause as I don't have digestive probs or any major bowel difficulties.  My bladder drives me nuts though and makes me feel very anxious.  I am taking oestrogen ovules so hope this works.  Hope you are ok.XXX
  • Posted

Hi chica

Glad to hear you're on the mend.  Fingers X'd that you get the relief/news you want.

Great too about the relief you've already noticed re:  bathroom trips and indigestion. 

By you posting your findings, you'll be giving so many other women on here reassurance. 

Have a peaceful night's sleep and take things easy.

Sx

• Posted

HI 

Chica, I hope you are going to feel better, I am having different issues with cysts, and lumps and going to the dr next week. So, I am hopeful you will feel better.

• Posted

thankyou.

i have learnt over the past 3 years trying to get fixed that maybe i didnt shout loud enough.

the gynnos here in spain are all 'macho' men.intimidating.!

be persistent in your quest and you'll get your life back on track quicker.

• Posted

Hi chica

Did you never have scans etc to diagnose polyp?

Hope you are all sorted now?

Sharon7362

• Posted

yep i went through 7 gynnos on the health service.all men prodding me with their smashing little dildos gadgets.

in between that my gp sent me to the digestive dept even though my intuition told me that it was gynno prob.

i had colonoscope oh my god torture,barium swallow, barium enemas (2) ultrasound, and CT scan with contrast. not to mention visits to A and E.

then there were several appointments with the urologist.

sorry you asked , arent you.!

• Posted

hi sharon

sorry about that rant. you can imagine how frustrated i've been.

thanks for your good wishes.

the spanish medicos have been hard done by due to austerity.

not much enthusiasm for expats. x

• Posted

Are needing a wee all the time and heartburn a sign of polyps ???
    • Posted

sure was for me.

mine was on the back wall of my uterus.

beside pressure on my bladder and digestive issues due to slow transition, my poo was like a cow pat.

however it took a long time for the gynnos to figure out if my prob was fibroids or polyps.

so today is my 1st full day after my polypectomy and i'm fine but taking it easy,not lifting stuff etc.  i was in hospital best part of a day.had general anesthesia.

you'll probably have to get a CT scan .

• Posted

I have been having very low niggly pelvic pains. As well as ibs symptoms. And heart burn. The doctor has put it down to ibs but my symptoms are confusing as I also have endometriosis and have had adhesions in the past.my bladder does feel slightly sensitive at times, confused with my symptoms
    • Posted

think of it like this.

if you never had ibs before, is there a reason you have it now?

stressed out in some way.

so has your doc given you medication for ibs. is it working?

i got told i had ibs and tried several different tablets but none worked for me.

the heartburn could mean slow digestion which could mean something in your lady parts has grown and pressing on your colon.

there must be so many ladies out there that are having exactly the same issues.

so dont panic. i had my problem for over 3 years.

i dont know if you are coming up to menopause cos the beasties (fibroids) grow like mad and then illegedly shrink afterwards.

if you have a polyps it wont go away by itself.

to be honest i'll let you tell me about endemetriosis.

• Posted

Hi chica,

I am 45 and have been through early menopause. This is my 3rd period free year. I went on hrt about 6 months ago although I'm still not sure that I want to be.

• Posted

maybe you are thinking the hrt are causing your symptoms.

how long have you had your symptoms?

if you do come off hrt, do it very slowly.

most post menopausal ladies feel sooo much better on it but we all have to make our own choice.

i'm 20 odd years older than you and was on the blessed elixir for about 12 years.i felt wonderful.

maybe we pay the consequences.

• Posted

Its funny that you talk about fibroids growing because I never had cysts but since I went into peri I am now experiencing cysts and lumps. I had one taken off my shoulder and it was tested for cancer, and it was fine, I had another one on my breast all of this was in the last year now I have one down from my collar bone and I am thinking WTF is going on and they HURT. Going to the dr again. AWOW/.
    • Posted

i had an aunt that got lumps on her head. i remember her saying 'better outside than inside'

i was just a kid so have nothing constructive to tell you .

start doing some research so you know what questions to ask your doc.

• Posted

Hi there!! I hope your doing better.

I am having the same symptoms as you.

Waiting on the ultra sound.

What was your prognosis? Did you have a biopsy?

Feeling anxioussad

Thanks,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.