Pork tapeworm question

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can anyone clarify if the adult intestinal tapworm can only be gotten from eating pork infected with cysts? I know that ingesting the eggs leads to cysticercosis - but can ingesting the eggs lead to an adult tapeworm forming?

Can a cyst be ingestedin any way other than from pork?

Many thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes , I have prk tapeworms.
    • Posted

How doyou think you got it in the intestines Tina? Everything I read says that you can only get it via eating pork that has cysts in it and that ingesting the eggs leads to cysticercosis and not the adult tapeworm in the intestines.
    • Posted

I'm in Nashville, tenn. I have know way of knowing. Maybe eating out. Public reatrooms. I wish I figer it out.
  • Posted

It can be caught from other people who have it n don't wash their hands after toilet, then they prepare food,, it can be caught thro infected animals like cats or dogs, theres prob other ways of catching it too, I just can't think of any right this minute. Is that what uve been diagnosed with? I hope it works for u, cz when I thot tapeworm, none of the meds for it worked.so not sure if that's what it is, I still havent been diagnosed, nobody seems 2know whats wrong with me. Just glad I had this other underlying prob n itclooks like the meds for it r working, iv nearly been in a straight jacket a few times, call themselves professionals when they will hardly listen to me n they never really have a look at my skin,. Hope it all works for u, it cleared up a tiny bit for me but hardly anything, I just want professional help, can't keep going on like this forever, n can't stand anymore looks thatsay ₩"poor girl , shes imahining all sorts comihg out her skin, been treated for thread worms and tapeworm, none of which worked.so fingers crossed this treatment i'm having now will work, I pray to god it will wotk.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.