positive experiences

Posted , 12 users are following.

Morning all, tomorrow is the day (although they are admitting me today) I'm feeling very nervous about the whole thing especially recovery as I have a 1 and 4 year old. Is this really a life changing operation?

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I am four weeks post op. Mother of six. Some are grown up. Pleased I did the op. Amazing to walk without pain after five yearsGood luck. Be brave.
  • Posted

I'm a 45 year old mum of 2, coming up to 5 weeks post op. I'd got to the point pre-op where I was struggling to do any fun activities with my 11 and 13 year old girls but that has changed already!!

You will need help in the early days with such young children but it is a really positive operation.

There's a Facebook group called Young Hip Replacements (UK) which has lots of members with young children who could share their positive stories too.

Good luck for tomorrow xx

• Posted

Yes Steph, it is a lot better to get some mobility back, not shuffling about, walking again depends if you are having both done like me, or just one, the pain relief is astonishing, I think of myself as an old SeaDog on the beach if it was 150 years ago I would probably be dead by 55, and I was totaly fine on my 50th birthday...HarHar me Hearties...lets have a toast of a stiff Rum to your operation being a success and you feeling better soon as we all are here.  cool

Best wishes Ian.

• Posted

Good morning Steph ... the day has arrived !! you are well prepared - 

once you are admitted, there is nothing else than to surrender ... of course you will be worried about your babies - they will be fine - but you are, for now, number one -

this surgery is life changing in a positive way ... you will be able to do things again and live a full life ... it will take time - and will be challenging, especially with the young ones and the first couple of days, weeks ---- I forgot, will there be someone at home to help you out and take care of the children?

ask for help !!  

wishing you lots of strenght today - what time is your surgery tomorrow?  

again, surrender and let go ... take good care of your self and know that all is well ...

blessings and warm hug -

• Posted

I haven't any children to look after and I am finding this a life changer, 6 weeks post op and I can do things without pain, so it really is going to be different for you love. Hope you have some help in the early stage though as you will be limited. Good luck and let us know how you ae getting on || xx
  • Posted

Hi Steph,

i guess it it depends on your current symptoms but I don't expect they would operate if you didn't need it. 

I am 45 with 3 girls 12, 9 & 9 and work full time. I am day 6 today. I already notice improvements in my joint pain when moving and still. I am looking forward to a more active future as before had to stop everything I did with my girls like bike riding, fairground rides, country walks etc. no doubt it's annoying being dependant but I can't see it being so for long!!!

Wishing you all the best, it really will be worth it.

💌

• Posted

Hi Steph

Yes, this is life changing and all for the better. It will be challenging with young children - get all the help you can and don't be frightened to ask!

Just relax totally - the medical folk know exactly what they are doing and will look after you so well. Take it as an opportunity for a bit of time out - enjoy the experience and look forward to a pain free future and being mobile again

Every day is like a miracle to me - I have been given my life back and you will too.

Best of luck and please don't worry - you will soon be on the other side. Yes, there will be some pain, but all controlled with medication and it gets better every day.

Kind wishes Linda xx

• Posted

good luck Steph, I will be thinking of you, not a hippy myself yet, hippy in training so all your experiences will be a great help to me, I am sure if you do everything they tell you to do, keep reading what other people have gone through it will help you a great deal.

good luck, Sue

• Posted

5 weeks after operation today and believe me its life changing. The pain just goes.

its unbelievable.  been given ok to drive from today .

the first couple of weeks are difficult but you will amazed how much better you feel as the days go by.

good luck maggie

• Posted

Good luck, I am 12 weeks post op with a 2 year old and a 4 year old. You will need help for the first 6 weeks but it's manageable after then.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.