Positive stories after Fibroids Embolization please.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I had my surgery six weeks ago and my symptoms are still the same.I was hoping my stomach would of gone down a liitle but am still looking like I'm seven month pregnant.Does anyone have any success stories and has anyone had any weight  loss after surgery.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I had the procedure done July 26. My symptoms have subsided completely, hopefully it stays that way. I had breakthrough bleeding until my first cycle. my first period was 2 weeks ago started on a Wednesday was heavy but not as bad as I've been bleeding w some clots and cramping which I had Thursday as well, it ended Friday like I was back to normal. no more breakthrough bleeding or anything I feel back to normal.

I hope you get results, we'll really see w my next cycle.

• Posted

Hi

Thats good news.I am dreading when my period comes.Am still in pain.

• Posted

Sorry Millie-

I have had it done twice, both times it did nothing. Depends on your situation and what is going on in the uterus. My friend had one, and it stopped her period for over a year. Time will tell. So you have fibroids ?

• Posted

Hi

Yes I have over 20 fibroids.I am waiting for a appointment to see my gyne for the results

• Posted

Wow, I'm sorry to hear you have so many. So you can't do the UFE because of the quantity? Was this the only other alternative outside of having a hysterectomy

• Posted

I will be having the procedure on the 7th of next month (sept) and i hope it helps me.
    • Posted

Good luck. MAKE IT HAPPEN, return to your new normal. Congratulations on being on the roster!
  • Posted

I could use some positive stories!!

I have an appointment Thursday to go over my ultrasound. (cause I can't see how anything else can be done down there) I want to get scheduled for my MRI for my UFE. I guess I should listen and see what other options are presented for me specifically.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.