Positive week

Posted , 8 users are following.

I had a rthr on the 4th April. I have had a really lovely week.  Went to the park a few times with my partner and jack russell walking the first time in over 6 months and was able to walk with no pain just a bit of stiffness from the op. Although I am now walking around the house with no aids I do take my left crutch out with me for comfort and support plus to let people know !!

I also went and did a food shop this morning so nice to get back out and about again plus popped into the village met a lady in one of the shops I have got to know and she said how well I was looking and how good it was to see me in no pain  biggrin

The weather too has been brilliant sitting out and resting in between my walks which is doing me the world of good.

I am still not sleeping that well however, I did manage 3 hours then another 2 last night again made the world of difference. Still only 2 weeks till I can sleep on my side.  Have now stopped the blood thinning injections thank goodness - horrible things.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend and enjoy the sunshine 

3 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sandra, so good to hear that you are out and about it's so liberating with all the rules we have to live with at this time. I am 3 days ahead of you lol.  Just the same with one crutch. It's good to get out again especially the last couple of days, I've got to say I'm still a little nervous about 'going out' for coffee etc what if the seats are totally wrong for me etc but still enjoying my little walks.
  • Posted

Sandra,

You sound very positive there, and well on your way back to a normal life again.

How wonderful a simple thing like goingshopping now feels biggrin

Best wishes

Graham - 🚀💃

• Posted

When you start doing things you haven't done since your op, it makes you feel like your heading twoards normality and it certainly helps when the sunshines, keep going xx
  • Posted

😎so cool, Sandra. ...

well done, girl.oh,I know that feeling of not having to self-inject those darn injections anymore. ..

wishing you a good night with hours of uninterrupted sleep

big warm hug

Renee ❤

• Posted

Sounds like you are doing so well, Sandra! A walk in the park with no aids...and with a dog...heaven! The sleep will get better. I had about that much per night until I was able to side sleep. And good riddance to the blood thinner shots, ugh!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.