possible blocked heart arteries

Posted , 3 users are following.

Back in 2007 I had my Aortic valve replaced. The procedure went very well and I've had a perfectly normal lifestyle since.

I haven't been to the Cardioligist for a year and lately have started having burning, twitching aching , twitching feet and hands, guiding me to believe this is some sort of circulation problems. I am scheduled to see my Cardioligist in early March, but was wandering if the Aeurothepy problem could be a possible blockage in my heart from arteries. I have had no symptoms of anything going on with my heart, but since I had the valve replacement, it never hurts to ask. Thank you!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Do you not have yearly echo cardiograms?
    • Posted

I missed last year, shame on me. 2 years ago I had an echo and CT scan and both were good.
  • Posted

I had my valve replaced nearly four years ago.

It sounds rather like neuropathy. I don't have your symptoms but have numbness in my left foot that is put down to some kind of neuropathy but as I have lower back pain it may be coming from there.

• Posted

Thank you for the info. My pain started with tingling, burning, stabbing pains and muscle twitching in my arms and hands and fingers as well as my feet, toes and legs up to the knees.
  • Posted

I'm thinking you meant Neuropathy/neuritis... may not have anything to do with your valves directly,but if it becomes defective again and causes you poor circulation to your extremities then that would cause problems....but neuropathy tends to be due to the damaging of your nerves that cause numbness,tingling,pins and needles ,pain etc.....your doctor should be able to figure it out.....good luck to you...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.