Possible Colitis

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been having a mysterious pain in my side for the past two years now off and on. Well today, I had a CT scan and they told me my colon looked thick. Meaning it could be inflammed and might have colitis. I have to go to get a colonoscopy now. I have never had blood in my stool before and mainly I am constapated. Does this sound like anything you have ever dealt with?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I have colitis and my pain was in my lower stomach I take tablets noel ( octasa ), and no pain now but seem to be putting weight on it have been on these tabs for about 6 months I was on as a collection before for a long time and had no problems but my GPS decided to change to octasa.
    • Posted

Now not noeland I was on as asacol, not a collection ...dam productive text oh GPS should be doctor
  • Posted

I was constipated very bad before I was diagnosed I had barium enema test and it showed nothing I was told I was irregular the only way it was found was through colonoscopy I hope you don't have this horrible disease I'll say a prayer for you

• Posted

Thank you! I hope I don't either. My 12 year old step daughter has it and I feel for her.

• Posted

Aw bless her heart so unfair very young to have to deal with this horrible crap. I never even heard of it til I was diagnosed and I was in fear of what was happening to me at the time if diagnoses
    • Posted

She was only 6 when she found out and was in the hospital. At least, we, as adults can cope with it better. 
    • Posted

Aww bless her it's awful for children to deal with so unfair,hope your tests all come ok.

• Posted

Uncontrollable diarrhea, bleeding and dehydration are more indicative of colitis than constipation as an inflamed colon can't extract the liquid from the waste that passes into it and everything runs straight through. Did the medic mention diverticulitis? That can cause constipation and sometimes bleeding. I have ulcerative colitis which the docs thought may have been diverticulitis before a colonoscopy confirmed the former.

• Posted

I went to the doc and she said it's doubtful I have colitis. I have a colonoscopy scheduled for 10/14. She thought I might be having spasms and gave me slight pain meds for the spasms along with anti spasm meds and stuff to make me go to the bathroom. I guess we will know for sure in Oct.

• Posted

Yes, I thought it sounded doubtful too from your initial description although I guess colitis symptons may vary from person to person. Good luck with the procedure and let's hope they don't find anything significant.

• Posted

I'm interested to know about others symptoms too .I've been referred for a colonoscopy due to bleeding for the past 8 weeks.ive also had mucus without bowel movement which was originally diagnosed as piles I've had no pain or diahrreah and no weight loss but did have high calprotectin levels in my stool sample .is it possible to have colitis with very few symptoms?

• Posted

My doctor told me it was probably not colitis. I guess I will find out next month. I hope not. I already have a couple of other auto immune diseases.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.