Possible Multiple Sclerosis Looking for some Answers

Posted , 3 users are following.

7 years ago I was 7-8 month pregnant with my 4th daughter. I had started getting some numbness and tingling in my arm and so they decided to send me to a physical therapist because I had a bulging disc. Since then I have had several symptoms arrise. I have constant fatigue, numbness and tingling througout my entire left side, weakness, blurred vision and lots of flaoters, I will be sitting and allof a sudden its like my head is on a whirl wind, I get so dizzy feeling, I am always either constipated or I have diarrhea, I constantly leak urine, sometimes I have to urinate all the times other times I barely go, I have had fequent UTI's in the past, I do have some speech problems sometimes, I find myself putting ice cream where the dishes go, I wil choke on my own saliva all the time, I sometimes feel like even with soup when it hits the back of my throat its like I forgot how to swallow, my ears are always ringing and always muffled, I have had a tremor I feel that is getting worse, My head will jerk to the side and will do it several times a day or not all for a long time. 

I have had 2 MRI's of my brain and I do have two lesions on my brain, but with no change. I was also dx with cervical spinal stenosis. Recntly I had all these symptoms and it lasted 4-5 months, I hadnt had any of them for nearly 2 years. Today I am setting here and all of a sudden  they are all coming back. I also suffer from anxeity and I never sleep. Doesnt matter how tired I am I do not sleep. My mind is never clear. I forget everything anymore. I am 37 years old and shouldnt be feeling like this. I have a dr who doesnt listen to all my symptoms, my neurologist doesnt think I have anything but silent migraines. I take topamax for migraines which takes the senstivity from light and noise really and then gabapentin for pain for my back. I am just wondering am I losing my mind? I mean something is causing all this and I just do not feel like its spinal stenosis (which is very mild) or my migraines. 

I feel like I am losing my mind half the days. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have a lot of the same things that go on with me. I got diagnosed with N.M.O is a form of M.S.
    • Posted

Thank you. I sometimes have pressure behind my eyes and when I look around my eyeballs actually hurt. Don't know how else to explian it but they literally hurt. 
    • Posted

Does your Nero do injections of steroids? If not I'd ask, I go in about once a month to do a mass injection of them though iv. It really does help for a couple of weeks and then he has me on oxycondone 10mgs wish it was better but they do help. Sometimes telling your doctors what you need helps remember your the one hurting and there here to help us. Let him know you want a new treatment plan. Hope you get better, keep us posted if you don't mind.
  • Posted

Have you had your B12 tested lately? Be sure to get the numbers. Doctors in the US and UK are using an outdated normal range, anything under 450 pg/mL should be investigated, especially if there are neurological symptoms.

B12 deficiency can cause all sorts of strange symptoms, including: numbness and tingling extremities, ringing ears, hair loss, loss of outer part of eyebrows, shooting pains in legs, and more. Don't delay getting your B12 tested as it sounds like you already have neurological symptoms.

• Posted

It's not my B12. It's been checked twice and levels have been normal. That was one of the first things my neuro dr checked for. I do get the shock feeling that people get with B12 issues but that wasn't part of it. Wish it was I'd take a shot or pill to relieve these symptoms. The only thing is my symptoms had been gone for 2 years and recently come back worse this time.

Thank you for the suggestion

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.