Possible sterilisation/Hysterectomy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, i a 34 and have a history of Ovarian cysts.  I had a Oephectomy 3 years ago as i had a mass cyst that was attached to my bowels.  However i have now been told that i have a bi-lateral salpinge.  Fallopian tube is blocked and damaged, i will never naturally have children. I also have another cyst on my only ovary left.  I have been booked in for being sterilised in January of next year,  my issue is do i just have a hysterectomy and be done with all the problems i hve with cysts.  Help??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Tanya, 

Sorry to learn you're going through this.  I think that's a question you should ask your doctor.  I am inclined to take your view.  I'm not sure that the operation that you're scheduled for would mean that other cysts or growths wouldn't then occur in your uterus.  Repeated surgeries can also cause the growth of adhesions and scar tissue in the abdomen.  It is my impression that you're sick of all this and just want it to be done.  Am I correct?

Best of luck to you, and let me know what you decide and how you get on!     

• Posted

Thanks Linda, yeah kind of information am constantly having surgery for cysts and pain etc... I always end up being really poorly after surgery too.

• Posted

I understand.  Doctors seem to forget that, when they become really conservative about some procedures.  Kind of like taking off a finger, bit by bit when it all needs to go.

Having your uterus removed does have some side effects, and without that ovary you will be going into menopause, if you're not already.  But you won't have to worry about getting growths in your uterus, either! 

• Posted

I know, I have had my right Ovary removed already because of cysts etc so loosing the other won't make much difference.

Tanya

• Posted

Yes, and then with no ovaries, or tubes why would you need a uterus? Then you'll have only one additional surgery to recover from.

Please let me know what you decide and how you do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.