Possibly thyroid nodule issue or something else?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Any ideas?! Last August, I started with this strange tingling feeling in my face and jaw, I had two throats infections, some ear issues, etc. I thought maybe tonsil stones because I always felt pressure around my neck and when I would swallow. I haven't had any infections since then, but have had this lingering feeling of something being stuck in my throat when I swallow. I also have itching ears sometimes, they pop pretty often and one of them will sometimes have a fluttering feeling inside. I've thought allergies because I also have nose congestion sometimes.

I had a CT scan after the doctor not being able to figure it out and the only thing they found was a "small" thyroid nodule. Could this explain the symptoms ? They are doing an ultrasound and fine needle aspiration on friday. I'm trying not to freak out but want to find answers too. Assuming it's just a benign module, I'm wondering if it is possible for me to be feeling these symptoms inside. I have no Visible lumps outside of my neck and none of the docs have ever felt anything, nor has the massage therapist and chiro that I've gone to often trying to relieve the feeling of something in my throat.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jessica, I am sorry that I cannot answer your questions for you, but I had to reply because I also get all of your symptoms apart from it being hard to swallow. It is almost as if I had written it myself!! I have been hyperthyroid twice on and off and have got thyroid nodules but no answers as to why it comes and goes. It is good that they are looking into it for you, don't be scared because knowledge is power!! Do you have problems with your weight and moods also? I know I do and it's horrific!! I really hope they manage to find out the answers for you!!

• Posted

Hi, thanks for your reply. The sensation of something in my throat (it almost feels like the tubes coming from my ears into my throat or something) is the most frustrating of all and what has made me try to find answers about what this is.

I do feel like I have had some some of the emotional issues on and off, but I also had irregular periods the 6-7 months postpartum, which finally seemed to regular a few months ago after about 9 months post partum. I don't struggle with my weight though, it reacts with my diet and exercise, so as long as I do that, I do lose weight fairly easily.

• Posted

Hi Jessica, I really hope you find out some answers after your tests on Friday. Sorry I can't help much. Please post to let me know how you got on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.