Post anterior wall repair

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had vaginal wall repair for prolapsed bladder on the 28th September. Unfortunately I got an infection and the stitches came undone so had further surgery 2 weeks later the restitch.

Everything seemed to be going OK when I had a follow up 2 weeks later, but when I went back after another 3 weeks the surgeon told me the wound had opened up a little and may require further surgery 😣

He booked me in for ultrasound scan due to lump in stomach and asked me of go back this Friday for results of scan and for him to check my with secondary healed itself.

The scan found in had a cyst and told me to speak to my dr and said my ovaries are healthy although my left one is in the centre near my belly button (had emergency hystetectomy after birthing my twins)

Since the last appointment I have felt like a bulge is reappearing and I can feel some stitches when I wipe? Could this just be swelling? Or has the repair failed? What could be a using the cyst?

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello loubelou you have had a really tough time and I'm sorry to read this. Did you ask what could be causing the cyst? I think that's what you meant. I'll answer that if you confirm that's what you meant. 

The bulge you feel is likely to be swelling because it's around the time I would expect that to occur. Some ladies do feel the stitches as well. Are you getting enough rest and not lifting? Resting will help reduce any swelling and that will reassure you hopefully. 

• Posted

Thank you for your response matron. It's been a rough 16 months following my twin pregnancy. The birth itself was natural but after delivering the placentas they couldn't get control of the bleeding and in total I lost 6ltrs so was rushed into theatre which resulted in the hysterectomy and woke up in critical care 😦

Since then I've had problems with the prolapse and trying to recover and bring up 3 children under 2.

I'm hoping it is just swelling as I am having to do more as I'm on my own sometimes with the children. I try and rest whilst I can but not easy. I just don't want to go through it all again so quickly due to recovery time etc.

I did ask about the cyst during the scan but she didn't tell me anything just said my dr will go through results with me. She didn't say it was attached to anything. Just said no to worry in the meantime. But you can't worrying when others start asking about it. I didn't notice the lump in my tummy until after the surgery so don't know whether it something to with the surgery or the clexane injections, or was already there

• Posted

You have had your fair share of medical and surgical problems. Do you think the cyst could be on your ovary? That is quite common and sometimes they just go unnoticed because they don't always cause pain or abdominal swelling and can just disappear. If they don't cause problems most doctors prefer to just leave them. However they can cause swelling and feel like a lump. I'm sure the scan will answer your questions.

Having such young children must be difficult when you are recovering, I hope you have some support because your body has had to contend with so much lately, you've hardly had time to recover from one procedure than another problem has arisen. Please take care and keep in touch x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.