Post Embolization Pain - how long should it last?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi All, I had UAE on 5th November. All has gone well and I feel so much better! The back, neck and leg pain has gone. So has the reflux. And I am suddenly far less emtional and paranoid and I have stopped losing and forgetting things - fabulous.

I only have one concern; it's two weeks in and I still have a dull ache in my lower abdomen. Not pain, but like I've done to many ab crunches. Should I be concerned?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh!

So nice to hear from someone else that also have done a UFE/UAE!

I had mine done just a week ago.

Nov 11th.

And it seems like my experience is nothing like Ive read up about, or the the docs told me.

I haven’t had ANY pain at all… Not even straight after the procedure. No nothing.

I haven’t taken ANY painkillers… and I’ve felt NOTHING.

It’s just like this operation has never even happened… It’s such a head f**k and so hard to take in… I’ve prepared for this for over 2 years… Going through the agony of having to pick UFE in front of myomectomy – even though I haven’t had any children and really want to… and all the advices on preparing for the pain and so on.

And now NOTHING…

I’ve felt nothing else of difference either. The stomach is as swollen as ever, and I never had any back pain or leg pain or period pain before the operation either so…

I’m just soooooooo worried that this haven’t helped AT ALL…

So worried that I’ve gone through this, for nothing… sad

Hope it will help you though!!

All the best

• Posted

Hi , i had my UAE Nov 27th ,  been just over a week still feeling very uncomfortable and slight bleeding and a strange sensation in my groin / top of thighs,   im having problems with my bowels but hoping this will all settle down soon as im back to work in a few days, i also have been more emotional but feel much stronger now.

I dont know anyone else who has had this done but i think it takes up to 6 months to completely get over it and feel the benefits.

I hope things settle down for you soon , let me know how you are getting on 

😊  all the best 

• Posted

I have been suffering with firoids and was referred to gyno Nov12ish 2014.  Been mucked about by the gyno team and still in pain. Waiting for an MRI scan to see if suitable for a UAE. you sound quite poisitve about it. I am feeling achey around abodomen all the time- so much so am unable to work.  Did this ckear up?
  • Posted

Hi lesley,as i read in your message that you had done embolization, right? if yes, can you share me your ful experience  i will have mine this coming 2 march ai am very concerns about the post pain coz many woman experience severe pain. i dont get epidural but only morphine pump to control my pain, not sure if its enough. i also cannot handle severe pain and very nervous about it. did you use morphine also? is the embolization painless? how is your level of pain after the procedure? pls. advise.....thanks a lot

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.