Post Mortons Neuroma sugery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all. I had surgery last Saturday and nerve removal and have been resting as advised. The last two evenings the bottom of my foot has felt like it's on fire for around 20 mins. Is this normal? Have my follow up next Weds with Surgeon.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like you are weight bearing and may have over done things a bit.

Also remember that all of the nerve blocks have worn off and swelling has set in.

If it were to burn and remain burning, I would telephone the surgeon.

Think of how extended being on your legs for extended times can cause burning when you firstget off of them.

Hugs

• Posted

No not been overdoing it. Just walk to the loo or have a shower. Use crutches. Rest of the time have foot up. Cant ring surgeon its NHS so will get GP to check it out thanks
    • Posted

Dr has prescribed Gabapentin as hospital sent me home with ibruprofen that i cant take. She said its to do with the nerves.
  • Posted

Rest, elevation, ice....you are doubg as you should.

When your foot burns, is it at it's greatest swelling for the day?

This could in turn cause the bandages to be restrictive until the elevation and ice brings the swelling down.

• Posted

Just to update you all. Foot is doing fine now. Gabapentin helped with the burning immensely. Scar healing nicely. Have manage to get shoes on and going back to work on Tuesday. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.