post myomectomy period

Posted , 4 users are following.

It's been 10 weeks since my open myomectomy but I still dont have my period. Is it normal? Was told by my ob-gyn 4 weeks ago (last post op check up) that I should have my period within 2 weeks but until now...nothing. Should I go back for another check up or wait a little more?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It might not be unusual. I had three after my myomectomy and then skipped August but best to get a doctors opinion.

Have you been quite stressed as they can sometimes wreak havoc.

• Posted

Its normal. Mine came back 3 months after. Operation in June, period in august,

although, i was on GNRH homrone drugs prior to the operation, those durgs stopped my period, so that was a factor.

• Posted

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the responses. I was planning to see my ob gyn if I still dont have my period this month, I got my period today although it is not what I expected -was expecting it's going to be heavy but as long I got it,Im ok (only means no complication or whatever). Will post a another update if there will be any changes. Thanks again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.