Post op knee

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am nearly 8 weeks post op been doing ok til a few days ago getting pain all down my leg and now back and hip hurting anyone else experienced this also I am not been able to get up and down stairs with out putting 2 feet on steps getting worried now

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm 8 weeks post op too and am still having pain in my knee. Sometimes shooting sometimes aching. I haven't had the pain you are describing. I know I've logged a LOT of couch time. I wonder if something's out of whack? I too have to put both feet on the steps. It's ok. You'll get there. This has been a much longer and painful recovery than I was led to believe. I just stopped using one crutch a week ago! I finally went and got my hair done on Monday. I injured my knee in June while walking I think and I've been laid up ever since. My whole summer has been ruined. I'm now trying to get the muscle back in my leg. I've lost 10 pounds since this happened. I can't eat when I'm stressed or in pain and I was thin to begin with. Maybe you could call the doctor. I know mine were horrible with aftercare. I did just buy an exercise bike to help build up my leg. And it's really fun. You can set the resistance really low just to get the knee moving. I take a pain pill before I do it. Today I did 30 minutes! So proud of myself. I'm afraid to go walking still in case I can't make it. Good luck. You're doing good for 8 weeks. I've been taking it slow cause if you push too hard you pay the price with pain. You may need to use your crutches till you figure out what's going on.

• Posted

Thank you I can get about with out my stick for a while but do need to use it still . I am going to buy a small pedal exerciser and start using my cross trainer even if it hurts I need to build my muscle back up as I have lost a lot of weight as well . U just think u are the only 1 going through this this forum is a god send thank you again and I hope your recovery goes well
    • Posted

I got my bike at HSN. It's a Pro-form stationary bike. It arrived in 4 days. My son's friend assembled it for me. I think 30 minutes was too much today cause damn my knee is aching right where it was torn. Inner knee. It feels exactly the same as it did before surgery. I wonder if it's ever gonna stop hurting. I get so depressed sometimes and can't stop crying. Keep me posted as to your progress. Hugs.

• Posted

Hi Renee,

I just asked Kathryn if she had gone to physiotherapy? What ex's specific for the knee have you done other than the bike? 

• Posted

I won't go back to physio. They were brutal at my session. I mean I was crying it hurt so bad. I couldn't walk that night and cried from pain the next day. I went and saw my Primary Care and he was appalled at what happened to me. I was still using my crutches and he told me no weight bearing on the leg. I took his advice and did my leg straightening exercises and bending exercises while on the couch. My leg muscles slowly atrophied because I lost weight from the pain and not being able to eat. I'm 5'7" and weigh 105. I did the bike for 2 days in a row for 15 minutes and ended up need one crutch. I couldn't walk. My surgery was in July. Doctor won't give me anymore pain meds so I won't go back to physio because of the pain. Any advice would be appreciated. I did finally get into a full squat today to clean the kitchen floor. It hurt but it felt better afterwards. I've done some yoga poses as well. Thank you for asking.

• Posted

Hi

Did you recently increase your activity and now the knee swollen and hot? I have my clients ice 20 minutes on 20 minutes off if the area is localized enough. Did you go to physiotherapy?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.