Post op ovarian cyst and Fallopian tube removal

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I was wondering if it is common to feel shooting pains in my groin area after having cyst and tube removal laprascopically, I also had a wound infection 4 days ago and I am now on strong antibiotics, I had surgery 3 weeks ago, I'm not sure if it's because Ive done a lot this week, like paint a door, gardening, etc..

Thanks for your replies

Debs 😊 x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I had these pains before op.  I would think that the infection could cause this pain, and the fact that you have been active.  Make  sure you complete your course of antibiotics, and if things haven't improved, You may need another course. You should really rest as much as you can until  6 weeks post op - I know that's not easy 😏

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth

Thank you for your reply, I am going to rest today to see if the pain goes away, I think because my outside wounds have healed apart from 1, I'm ok, I guess inside takes longer, did you have the same op as me?

Debs x

• Posted

Hi Debs

I had a vertical laparotomy to removed large ovarian cysts. I also had a lot of shooting pains in the groin area behind a particular part of the wound. About a week after the operation it started to ooze blood and then a further 5 days after that the wound had become open to about the size of a £2 coin. This happened because of a blood clot behind the wound so now it is having to heal from the inside out.

If it's behind part of the wound that hasn't healed it could well be what I had. But also could be because you've been very active. My GP was fab with my blood clot so worth asking yours.

Hope it gets better soon xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.