Post op ovary removal

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have just had my ovaries and tubes removed as a preventative measure due to family history. I was told that i had a simple cyst. I am expeiencing bleeding when i have been to the toilet, it is three days after the op, i wondered how long this would go on for? Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. I had the exact as you. I had mine removed 5 weeks ago as a precaution because of family history. I'm sure everyone's different but I bled a bit when I went to the loo for about 5 days. It's normal too though I admit the hospital gave me no information at all what to expect. Hope you soon feel well.
    • Posted

Oh thank you for replying, i did ask if it was normal and they said yes but being away from the hospital i started wondering for how long! Yes they didnt inform me very much at the time xx
    • Posted

I'm ok thanks. Bit achy now and again. Got the results back and the cyst they removed was borderline tumour. Just means abnormal cells not cancer and I'll have to have yearly follow ups. I never even knew cyst was there! Hope you recover quickly too. Try not to do too much too quickly. Take care
    • Posted

I only had one ovary removed but I bled for a couple of weeks x
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply Pam, did you know what type of cyst it was? They said i had a simple cyst

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.