Post surgery 5 and 1/2 weeks Frozen shoulder

Posted , 4 users are following.

I originally injured my left shoulder in May 2015. I broke my humorous bone but initially the break was not diagnosed. After 7 weeks I had a MRI which confirmed the break. After PT and steroids, the surgeon determined surgery was necessary. Finally, I believed an end to my pain was in sight. I am still in so much pain. PT is so painful causing me to break down in tears. I do not recognize much improvement in ROM and I am in more pain now than prior to surgery. The surgery was over 2 hours long- removed intense amount of scar tissue, detached tendon to bicep and removed 2 bursa sacs. Does anyone have encouraging words for me?

Thank you,

Connie

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

i dont im sorry im having surgery tomorrow on my shoulder my surgeon said it takes a few months to heal. So i think just bare with it, your body takes time to mend. I had to give up with PT as itvwas too painful and actually made it worse for days and days after i cried. I had a 2 steroid injections the first did mothing didnt touch it the 2nd reduced the pain a bit i still get pain although not as bad as it was i slipped in the shower the banged.my arm my god i cried so although bearable its still not right and still have reduced movement. The probem i have now is i work as an operational law enforcement officer they have given me to november to get it sorted if not im being moved from my team to another job. Now i have never been or worked in an office nothing.wrong with but its just not me i was in the Army for ten years. so im feeling under pressure to get it fixed the surgeon examined it he said the joint is really stiff so i know im having a decompression and capsular release i had hydrodilation didnt work because i couldnt tolerate the pain even under local anaesthetic so no choice to get surgeon to tidy it up and sort it out my fear now is my right shoulder but they think it could be over compensation personally i dont think it is i think my other shoulder will go but hope you get well soon give it time my surgeon said few months 5 and a half weeks is just a month so keep with it i know its a bit soul destroying you will get their summer is on its way too so sunshine is always a good healer too xx
    • Posted

Thank you for the encouragement. I too have a work issue as I can not do my job and there is not a job available that I can do with my limitations. I am genuinely afraid I am going to lose my job of 22 years over this work related injury.

I hope that your surgery goes well and provides you some relief.

• Posted

i cant get it made as work related, most i get is work has aggravated it nightmate yet i was fine before
  • Posted

Hello Samommy 12. I'm about 9 months in now and the pain is starting to ease a little. It's a condition that takes a lot of time to mend. I have also cried in pain and I can't believe how FS impacts on my whole life. Get yourself a TENS machine. Theyre tiny but they do help with the pain. I have very restricted movement still. I wish this post was more positive but I thought I was going insane till I found this forum. You are not alone. Stay strong.
    • Posted

What surgery did you have im worried now 9 months in !! im hoping to be good by then as ive had this a month short if 2 years
    • Posted

2 years! Oh that's tough. Haven't had surgery. Just physio. I have hospital appointment tomorrow. Been waiting for this for so long. Don't have private insurance and the waiting lists here in Ireland are very long. I think I'm a little improved and hope the doc will guide me in the right direction. It's been tough.
    • Posted

Yes its awful the procedure here is awful to see GP then physio referred back to GP referred Rheumatology referred back to GP referred for ultrasound back to GP referred to orthopaedic ended upnseeing a senior physio who injected my shoulder which left me stranded on roadside with a numb arm, complained a finally got to see a surgeon had hyrodilation it was too painful for me done by a consultant radiologist too painful now surgery tomorrow must say feeling the most positive i have in 2 years .Hope you get some relief and answers xx
    • Posted

Hi guys. Doctor thinks she sees a tumour on my MRI. Anyone else been told this? Had steroid injections today. I'm very hopeful to get a bit of relief from pain.
  • Posted

I can definitely relate to your frustration. I too had fractured humerous and a surgery to repair the tendons. I am at 12 and a 1/2 weeks from surgery. The PT has been brutal but I can honestly say I feel less pain now but still have stiffness. I remember feeling will i ever have a day without pain. My surgeon wants to go back in and clean out the scar tissue and check my rotator cuff because an mri has shown a partial tear and adhesive capsulitis. I am very leary of this. Wondering if I should just live with the stiffness and moderate pain. For you I say just stick with the PT. I know it is painful but you will get to a point where you will feel relief. Someone on here has also advised me to stay away from sugar. Only consume natural sugar . There is a correlation between sugar and pain. I wish you luck. This injury is a long journey.
    • Posted

I have adhesive capsulitus and its excruciating. Im having surgerybin the morning lookingbfirward to getting my life back

xx

• Posted

My thoughts are with you for your surgery! Please let me know how you make out. I was supposed to have surgery tomorrow but it's been postponed due to some asthma issues. I was so looking forward to getting relief. I wish you well!
    • Posted

Thank you i will keep you posted x hope yours goes ahead soon thats all i think just a few more weeks
    • Posted

Well surgery went well he showed me pictures before and after lots of scar tissue the after pictures all pink and no scar tissue to be seen has subacromial decompression and capsular release, tonight im stiff very little pain quite comfortable but did put local into the joint so i would be comfortable tonight i have small exercises to do over next 3 days every couple of hours then others once sling is off but tonight 12 post op im comfortable x
    • Posted

That sounds fantastic! I am so happy for you. Please keep me posted on your progress. I hope you sleep well. How long do you need the sling for?
    • Posted

Well slept all night but the anaesthetist put in local so i expect it to last a while as they are generally good, and know wherevtgeybare going with needles. Stiff last night and its not too bad the morning much better than i thought it would i was expecting to be in agony but reading someones log which is on the hospital website his was agony day 4. Take my sling off Saturday morning i have t do little exercises tll then, then i have other exercises to do from their i see physio in 10 days have stitches out then but not feeling so bad at all im quite pleased at the moment
    • Posted

Now I am feeling optimistic about my surgery. I can't wait for the day to raise my arm and put my own hair in a pony tail, wash my hair with two hands, pick up my granddaughter...just the simplest things to start. I hope you keep progressing well. Did your dr. Say how long the recovery will be? I am hoping I can return to work shortly after surgery. My job is moderately physical. I am a restaurant manager. Keeping you in my thoughts!
    • Posted

dont get me wrong i cant do any putting hair up or washing hair i had a bath got in and put myself cant get bra on myself yet but have done my exercises not much pain didnt take painkillers yesterday but have this morning just so it helps with painnand exercising im mot allowed to hoover do anything repetative for two weeks or drive ive been written off for a month at the moment with review. but im much happier and so glad i had it and feeling much more positive its difficukt going to the loo and pulling trousers up etc but i just laugh x x its takes 4 montgs to settle but 8- 9 to be totally right back to normal no heavy lifting im a customs immigration one job involves heavyvlifting the other repetition so buggered either way although i can return on restricted duties once ive seen occupational health x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.