Potential cure

Posted , 13 users are following.

I've had this pesky disorder for YEARS and am now free of it.  I may have inadvertently stumbled upon a potential cure.  I started taking high strength vitamin B complex, alongside two high strength vit e capsuals one cods liver oil and washed it down with high strength Vit C. 

Within six weeks it started to fade and has now completely gone - not even a trace of it left.  I'm not sure if it was the combination or perhaps Vit E (there was a study on Vit E and GA).  Whatever it was, there is hope!  

I wonder if it now has anything to do with a vitamin defficiency.

Good luck everyone - let me know if it works for you! 

4 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Amanda

Great to read your post. I have also had GA for nearly 10 years and it has just been recommended to be by my dermatologist to take high-dose vitamin b3 and vitamin e. Your experience certainly gives me hope.

• Posted

Amanda,

Thank you for the information. How many milligrams of the Vitamin B Complex and Vitamin C are you taking?

• Posted

Hi Amanda - this is good news indeed. I've just had a recurrence of GA with spots appearing all over the place. I've recently found out that I have a very underactive thyroid another auto-immune condition and have wondered if I was deficient in other things. Am now taking thyroxine so vitamin supplementation sounds like the right thing to do. Your post is really helpful and it would be great if you could give me some indication of what dosage levels you've been taking. Many thanks and all good wishes. Sally

• Posted

Hi Amanda, Fantastic you found a cure that works for you. I would like to try that formula also. Can you be more specific as to the acual strength of the dosage. ie  what strength multi B, vit E, codliver oil and what vit C you used to wash it all down with. I hope this also works for me and any others that try it.

regards

Michael

• Posted

Amanda, can you tell us more about the dosages? Thanks for sharing. Jean
  • Posted

Amanda can you confirm the dosage of each of the Vitamins and the source of Vit C, I'm assuming it's liquid....E is stored in the body as are some Bs...I have had a diagnosis of B12 and D deficiency for a few years in my bloodwork. I have controlled my GA with Tea Tree oil mixed w Calendula gel, but I would like to add these Vitamins too! Thank you
  • Posted

Hello all - Apologies for not responding sooner.  I have noted that a few of you have wanted to know the dosage which I took - and indeed, still am! This is not an advertisement for Holland and Barret, but that's where I purchased mine - although, I'm sure you can find others just as good elsewhere. I also - as a good psychology student should state - that I am in no way shape or form medically qualified and this is just my personal experience. The first was vitamin B-Complex in a capsulte form. I don't have time at the moment to go down the complete ingredients - but if you google - I'm sure you will see the breakdown  all very high dosages.  Second is called "pure high strength cod liver oil 1000 mg with omega 3 and vitimas A and D.  Now, as I'm a mature student with the OU I have access to papers - which perhaps are available online - but this could have been a factor re vit D = google GA and vit d and you may see relevant papers there - although vit E plays it's part - so for this I took 100% natural E-2000 i.u. capsules twice a day - sometimes three times after looking at a paper on high dosages of vit e. Finally, the latter was pure vitamin C powder 2500mg which I mixed with a little fruit juice and water in the mornings and night (half teaspoonful each time).  I should also state that my skin - where it was situated was like ring worm which had spread out on my sides of my stomach and on my arm.  I'm sure it started with a bite on my ankle which spread.  The amount of over the counter products I have bought and steroids provided by medical profession to try to rid myself of this!  As I say though -it can be cured. Good luck from an eight plus year sufferersmile 
    • Posted

P.S. Sally - I had all the anti-nuclear AD deficiency blood tests and mine were all in the clear - I think they like to check for Lime's disease etc.  I would also say to people NOT to get the punch check to test for GA as, nothing can be done by the medical profession that way anyway - and could leave you with a nasty keloid scar.  GA is checked by a dermatologist by looking and blood work.  
    • Posted

Just to my reply above - I actually said to my dermatologist - since went private "What can your punch test tell me, that you can't already? And even if it could there is not cure?" Silence in the room LOL Good luck everyone smile
    • Posted

Steroids can also thin your skin and make the condition worse - I would not recommend them whatsoever - Not even a little bit.  Coconut oil will help in flattening out the bumps more than a steroid could ever do - and that's natural and won't have any side effects.
  • Posted

To be absolutely honest with you, dermatoligists are taught to treat the skin from the outside in.  Now, think about that for a minute! That can't happen, unless you have been stung or had an allergic reaction!  I think we have to treat it from the inside out. I don't know about Chinese herbs etc.. but probably, when we start cleansing ourselves, or supplying ourselves with the minerals/nutrients we need, I think the cure is there.  However - it's the whole keeping you needing the medication within the Western medical modal.  Research it and also be assured - if you had GA like I did - not a trace of it left within six weeks for myself.  I'm on a bit of rant here, so apologies for that.  But I wouldn't trust the medical profession to cure you for this condition.
  • Posted

Amanda,

Thank you for your post! You seem to be very educated on this condition as am I after researching it all these years. I agree with you 100%. I actually have an appt today with the chairman of dermatology at  unvisersity, but  there is a good chance I will know more about this GA then he will.  Just a little background info on my personal expeienece. I have had this conditon since I was 12/13 ish , it started on my right ankle. I've done the puva and all other treatments and i've seen dermatologists, allergists immunologoists with no success.( BTW your right on the steroids it causes way worse issues )  

BUT replying back to everyone I  think i finally have this figured out!!! A few weeks ago I started taking rexall anti -histamine tablets in the evening to help me sleep better ( not what I should be taking it for but glad i did)  and I noticed not only did I  feeL better and my rash was fading. I also recently had a hair intolerance test and allergy testing and I'm allergic to a ton but they also noticed  I'm highly allregic to histamine.  So after reseraching I started taking the vitamins you mentioned above and DOA Enzyemes ( some people lack these which breaks down the histamine in your body) and I notice a huge difference. Here is what I really found interesting. My GA went away completely during both pregancies . So naturally I thought before it must be a hormonal issue.   Well  I found out while your pregnant your body naturally increases your DOA enzymes . So i'm certain mine is caused from histamine. I drank wine and some foods that produce high histamine and I felt itchy right where my rashes are. Mine usually does not itch. So with that being said I do think some people may be caused by different things. I know some people belive gluten however I read a couple forms where people are completely gluten free on a strict diet and still have this annoying rash. For me I don't think it's gluten - I think it's the foods that produce high histamine. Either way it is defaintly something that needs to be treated from within. Sorry for ranting... I'll will start a discussion soon after I meet with the chairman today. 

• Posted

Hi Crystal

Sorry for not responding sooner.  Very interesting post re histamine - my face goes blotchy after red wine and pretty sure I'm allergic to it.  Lood forward to reading your discussion.  Mine used to itch too, but not all the time - perhaps a food diary would have helped to see if it was indeed related to this also...

• Posted

Hello Amanda that is great news so happy for you.   I am about to go the homepath way also and im wondering how are you doing after two months?  fingers crossed they are still gone oxox
    • Posted

Hi TripletMom

I'm pleased to report that I'm still very much in the clear!  I panicked once as I had an itch on my ankle (I find it curious that for a lot of us, the ankle was where it seemed to start - I THINK it could have been caused by a bite. It was round and itchy for a while before it spread.  I thought it was ringworm when it spread to torso sides - awful feeling going to the swimming pool etc...  The good news is, that whilst it did fade a little - there was always a trace of where it used to be, before it came back again, full force.  This time - there is nothing - not even looking up close.  Whilst I appreciate everyone is different, I had resigned myself to always having it, and dreading it spreading more.  It's a very distressing skin disorder.  However, I can't ignore the correlation between taking high dose vitamins and it clearing up.  Just seeing your post in my inbox made me think back to how miserable it was, having to cover up with foundation on my arm etc.  There is hope though - go onto google scholar and type in G A alongside vit E etc for more studies - only problem is, in a lot of these trials, they tend to fling in another medication as vitamins on their own as a cure do not fund big pharma!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.