pravastatin

Posted , 5 users are following.

im on pravastatin have been for roughly 4 months and suffer a real blocked nose which never lets up.ive been taking a nasal spray for relief but am starting to become immune to that now.its very difficult to get a doctors appointment any ideas on how to get relief from this ?  

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

In your situation I would stop the Pravastatin for a few weeks to see if it resolves your blocked nose problem. If it does get your doctor to change the statin, that is if after reading the messages on this board you want to follow the statin route. If it doesn't resolve the issue it's likely something else in which case see your doctor.
  • Posted

I agree with Marco.... Give up your statins for a week or two and see if it improves...... Which I think it will as I've been there and done that!  Otrivine worked for a while  - then stopped..eek!

If you read the rest of the forum here you will discover what we all think of statins the side-effects are not worth it....

GOOD LUCK .... i look forward to hearing how you get on.

• Posted

Hi Will.  My partner had this too when on statins, got so bad he could hardly breathe at night and his snoring went to unbearable levels.  He's stopped taking the statins mainly because of the muscle issues and his nose has miraculously unblocked - no more nasal spray thankfully and I'm managing to get some sleep as his snoring has reduced considerably.  Not sure what else can be done to alleviate the side effect I'm afraid.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.