Pre op visit in a few hours what can I expect to happen

Posted , 4 users are following.

In a few hours I will go to my pre op appointment with my Ob Gyn what goes.on in this visit I know I'm nervous and have lots of questions to ask the Dr I'm.going to have total.vaginal hysterectomy next week and I've heard horror stories

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Try not to stress too much. My pre assessment was nurse led. Pulse, blood pressure, temperature recorded. Had to have Ecg as over 50 and on thyroxine. Had already signed consent at previous appointment. Dr indicated then any further examination would be done on operating table prior to surgery and when I was out. Had abdominal hystectomy 4 weeks ago and recovery has been much easier than I had read / expected. Good luck. 
  • Posted

Hi Diane Jeanette is right, try not to stress too much. I had a total abdominal hysterectomy over a year ago and my pre opassessment was also nurse led. I too had similar tests including an ECG even though I'm under 50. I felt much better than expected after surgery and definitely felt an improvement to my overall health within 10 days. Check out the hysterectomy association website - there are lots of forums and conversations with women going through the same thing as you. It's all very supportive and has lots of information on there too about the surgery and the different health conditions that have brought women to this point. Good luck and hugs x
  • Posted

Hi!

I had my pre-op last week and they took bp, blood test, ECG, weight and height. Also had to fill out questionnaire re who would bring me home etc.

Got a phone call yesterday afternoon to say my op (15 June) would be cancelled due to problems with my ECG and I am now being referred to Cardiology!! A letter will to be sent to my GP who will then refer me back to the hospital!!!

Hope yours goes well Diana, all the best x

• Posted

Sorry, Diane (predictive text!!)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.