prednislone

Posted , 6 users are following.

hello  i have rheumotioid arthritis and COPD i take a lot of medication but only 1  5MG  of  predislone daily for both isit ok to have the flu jab with prednislone some say no 

i have been in hospital this year for 3 months 7 weeks in icu with swine flu andyesi did have the flu jab last october

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Everyone's circumstances are different but as soon as I was put on steroids I was told I had to have the flu jab as I fell into the at risk category. (One year they were giving me a steroid injection in one arm and my flu jab in the other at the same time😂wink

• Posted

I have been taking Prednisolone for several years & also immunosuppressants & I too have been told to have the 'flu jab for the same reasons as Gillian.

But, as ever, check with your Consultant or GP

• Posted

Hi

I take steroids. embrel. nortriptolin. Co. codermol

And I have been advised to have the flu jab but for the last 6 years I haven't had it because I was really ill after might have been coincidence but I won't be having it this year

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.