Prednisone and Z-pak

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been perscribed z-pak, and prednisone for Labyrinthitis. I am very nervous about both medications honestly, I know how the pak makes me feel but I just started taking Prednisone this morning (20 mg a day for 5 days). I feel really anxious, I don't know if its just my anxiety or if it's the drug itself. Does anyone know anyway to calm these feelings? I have Ativan, but I don't like taking it that much. (benzos are addictive) Is it possible for the Prednisone to actually make you feel tired? Please I need some insight before I start ripping my hair out, lol. Thank you! cool

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

They are doing complementary things so are good together in this case.

Pred can make you feel anxious but not so much at this dose which is a moderate one. And yes, pred can make you feel tired. Just try to calm down and accept that together they should make you feel much better even if you feel a bit worse first.

• Posted

I appreciate that. Will the anxious feeling subside as the day goes on? Does it fade away at all?
    • Posted

It depends - I've been on pred at a slightly lower dose for years and it never made me anxious that I can remember. Most such things improve after a while. But you are only on it for 5 days so try and hold out.  If it is too bad go back and ask your doctor for some help.
    • Posted

I have Ativan, I just try and hold back on taking them. It hurts the healing process of lab so I've heard

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.