Pregabalin and blurry vision

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have been on 75mg of pregabalin for a week. Had awful side effects for a few days but they have gone now except the blurry vision. Does anyone know if this will go away? I started on 175mg and it helped the pain. But I could not function. 75 mg helps the pain a bit. If I ask for a dose increase will the side effects come back?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I found that Pregabalin made my eyes funny too - everything seemed too bright.

I hope someone will be able to help you soon.

x

• Posted

I have been on Pregabalin for about a year now, 100mg twice a day, and have blurred vision especially at night. It deals with my pain very well but does have many unwanted side effects varying from patient to patient. If you decide to come off this drug at any time please discuss with your GP first about cutting down very slowly in small amounts. It is extremely difficult to come off Pregabalin and should never be suddenly stopped - the withdrawal effects are quite awful. Talk with your GP for more information on this drug and look back over previous posts on this forum for guidance also.

I wish you well soon

• Posted

Hi Toy2poos.

Everyone is different but i still have blurry vision and have not taken this poison for years.

In answer to the question of whether side effects will come back if you increase the dose; from my experience they will and they could possibly be worse, as they were for me.

You may find that the 75mg you currently take will no longer help at some point as well.

This drug causes a lot of damage to your brain and body, some of which will not surface for years, and most of the damage it does is irreversible.

Sorry to be so upfront, but this is a very terrible medication that is prescribed too freely without warning or care.

I wish you the best of luck.

• Posted

Pregabalin takes some time to settle in but it you are worried about these side affects there are several other similar drugs you can try such as Gabapentin. It really comes down to what you are being prescribed it for and what you are prepared to put up with if the pain goes down. It really comes down to the fact that there is nothing on the market which completely stops neuropathic pain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.