Pregabalin & Mirtazapine

Posted , 3 users are following.

My husband has been taking these tablets for a few  weeks now and has slurred speech / jumbled words. On looking both these drugs up this is a side effect of low sodium . His sodium count was 138  in June 2015, 135 in September 2016 and we are now having another blood test in a few weeks which hopefully will prove his speech is fully down to low sodium. Has anyone else found this ?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Janet

You will probably find it is down to the Mirtazapine as I had the same thing and it took quite a while to let the tablets settle down in the system to have the full affects. after only a couple of weeks it is still early days for the tablets to fully get through the system an d the side affects usually go away

• Posted

Hi Janet.

I had this problem from pregabalin.

I was on no other meds.

Regards

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.