pregabalin question

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been on Pregabalin for Nearly 2 weeks now and am feeling Some Benefit Not a great Deal but Something i think my dose needs to be adjusted as I'm on a low dose of 25mg morning and 25 at night but does anyone else feel like the morning dose wears off before the night dose is due.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Zoe, Do you have any side effects from Pregabalin??

Thanks

jackie

• Posted

Hi Zoe, Thanks thats the only medication I have'nt tried gabapentin make me feels werid and tired , and I tried Tricyclic antidepressant they made me gain weight . I have sciatic nerve damage from my revision hip replacement. Numb from knee down to foot with tingle , and burning mostly worse at night .

Thanks

Jackie

• Posted

I tried gabapentin to Jackie and it was horrible i had palpatations and all sorts I'd Recommend Pregabalin but everyone is different I've started on a low dose to avoid side effects Which worker's
    • Posted

Hi Zoe,  Meds that I have tried give me heart palpatations really scary !! I think i will give pregabalin try Thanks so much .

take Care

Jackie

• Posted

Hi zoe

Ive been suffering from neuropathic pain for more than 5yrs. Lyrica (pregabalin) is the only drug that had given me some sort of relief. I currently take 150mg-600mg daily... Depending on the level of pain.

I can't say Lyrica takes my pain way but it breaks the link between feeling the pain and the pain affecting me. I can feel the pain but I'm disconnected from it, if that makes sense!

I think increasing your dose would help you.

• Posted

Thank you for Replying jenni it's the only One that's given me relief too Nothing else has touched me. I literally feel your pain and I've only been suffering for 6 Months with Neuropathic pain my worst Point is my chest Which is Scary. Lookin at your dose mine definitely needs adjusting so Back to the Gp i go.

Thanks

• Posted

I really hope an increase gives you more relief zoe. Have you had tests done? Do you know the reason for your pain? Its great to be able to talk about it amongst people who understand what we're going through
    • Posted

I've had the usual blood work a chest x Ray nothing unusual on Those Other than that they not even Looking into a cause Which is Frustrating as because it's all of my upper body i struggle with my Children.
  • Posted

I totally agree with you. I feel my Dr is treating my symptoms and not the cause!

They just don't understand!

Hopefully increasing the meds will help you zoe. As for me, i think I'm a lost cause lol

• Posted

I really hope your not a lost cause Although after 5 years of being in pain I'm Sure it feels that way because i Know every day is an Eternity fingers Crossed we both get Some relief Soon
  • Posted

I suffer from chronic neuropathic pain and I have found that pregablin really helps. I was on gabapentin before but I had sever dizziness and nausea. On pregablin I do get a slight amount of unsteadiness and brain fog but its a lot better than the pain. I'm on 300mg a day at the moment. 
  • Posted

Hi Zoe, hope your ok, I've been on pregabalin now for over a year now but I'm also in oxycodone, I started off on 150mg 3 times a day but now I'm on 75mg 4 times a day and 300mg at night, but I still have the same side effects now as the day j started taking them but it does help with the pain, but I went into hospital last year and the hospital changed the dose to 225mg 4 times a day but that's an overdose but I didn't know this and my gp for months kept prescribing them at that dose until one day he realised but then said Carry on taking them at that dose but I decided to take the correct dose as you don't know what it may be doing in the long run. But I would increase the dose as it dose make a big difference.
  • Posted

Pregabalin gave me terrible visual disturbances, head aches, dry eyes and made everything taste bitter. I was only on a very low dosage.

Also, I'm wondering if you guys know about Ehlers Danlos Syndrome/Joint Hypermobility Syndrome? That's the cause of my neuropathic pain. It's commonly missed by doctors and misdiagnosed, so may be worth considering.

As yet, I haven't found any medication that takes away my pain without giving me awful side effects X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.