Pregnancy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Recently my boyfriend and I have been have unprotected sex. As I have pcos, I assumed that I was the percentage that didn't ovulate and wasn't fertile. But with pcos, just confirmation, can I be fertile and get pregnant? I am very young and still don't understand the whole syndrome so again. Can someone explain if I can be fertile and get pregnant w/o any medications or pills?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You can get pregnant from havng unprotected sex with PCOS... it isn't a 100% not having kids it just makes it more difficult for that to happen, with that said i think it would be worth you seeing your GP to get some advise on this as everyone with PCOS is different.
    • Posted

It's scary because I never really know where I am going to get my period but my period is never this late, I'm really nauseous at the moment and I have felt lately like I need to take a test but I don't want to be disappointed.
    • Posted

What have you go to loose? Just do the test for piece of mind as it does sound like you are pregnant. I have pcos im 21 now and i fell pregnant at 16 which was scary but i misscaried so i think its worth you getting a test.

• Posted

My boyfriend told me that he has came in me and I don't feel like I'm pregnant but I also do feel like I am. I'm just scared
  • Posted

Unfortunately or fortunately it is possible. PCOS doesn't mean that you cannot ovulate. You might have not an ovulation, but you also might have ovulation rarely. How many days does your menstrual cycle last?? I and my sister have PCOS too. Without pills I have period two or three times a year but it doesn't mean that I cannot ovulate. Women with PCOS have difficulties with getting pregnant but it is possible. Our bodies sometimes are unpredictable. My friend has also PCOS. One day, the doctor said to her that she wouldn't get pregnant during the nearest six months so she didn't protect and now she has 7-years old daugher, so better watch out. 
    • Posted

My last period lasted about 7 days but I'm not sure how long my whole menstrual cycle was.
  • Posted

So, maybe you should make a pregnancy test to make sure that everything is fine. I believe that everything will be fine.
  • Posted

My girlfriend has the pcos problem and we had unprotected sex. Can she take "Plan B" birth control pills if she has pcos? Is it safe to take a birth control pill if you have pcos and you had unprotected sex? Reply asap

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.