Pregnancy and Anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 6 weeks pregnant and am struggling with low blood pressure. Having severe anxiety, my low blood pressure automatically throws me into a state of worry. Has anyone else experienced low blood pressure during pregnancy? I kee having anxiety like symptoms, but am really worried it could be symptoms caused by the low blood pressure as well. I have dizziness when my blood pressure falls pretty low, but I get that with anxiety as well. Given I am pregnant, I have come off of my meds. It has been hard, but I don't want to harm the baby. Any suggestions on what I should do, or has anyone else experienced this??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

How low is your bp? I'm not pregnant, but I've had nurses ask me did I feel ok because mine was so low. Mine can run anywhere from 110/80 and that's when my heart is racing, to 88/66 when I'm not anxious. I see stars sometimes and when I go to get up from a seated position sometimes I get like a 2 second black look and then my eyes straighten out and I can see. I have lost 25 pounds and I'm almost 5'7" and weigh 125 from the anxiety. Are you underweight at all in your pregnancy and do you stay very hydrated? Google how much water you need for your size. You may want to drink coconut water because it's a natural electrolyte source. Gatorade has artificial colors.
    • Posted

My blood pressure this morning was 90/60 and then dropped to 80/54 in an hour's time. I drink coconut water daily, didn't todaysad. Also I've been thinking I've been hydrating myself appropriately. I will definitely look in to how much water I should be getting. I am just so tired and feel it's a combination of the pregnancy and low blood pressure. I am 5'4" and weigh 142.
    • Posted

My doctor told me to increase my salt intake and drink plenty of water. She also told me dizziness and low blood pressure can be common in early pregnancy. My anxiety really kicked in when my blood pressure started to drop. I'm pretty sure that made it so much worse. sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.