Pregnant with B.V. How can I treat this?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm 2 months pregnant and my doc won't prescribe any meds until 11 - 12 weeks. I'm miserable. I can't do the peroxide douche as douching whole pregnant is a no no and I'm suffering from stomach acid, so it's hard to take anything orally, even greeknow yogurt hurts my tummy 😥. I'm concerned that it could spread into my uterus and cause preterm labor or a miscarriage. What can I do to reduce the odor and discharge? Help 😣

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

When it comes to being pregnant it's hard. The best thing I can recommend is laying off sugar, oils, fried foods, and anything refined completely! Make sure you are drinking plenty of water.

• Posted

Hey Stephanie. Thank you. I'm laying off everything sweet oily and fried and upping my water intake. The odor and discomfort is kicking my butt tho. Need some help fast!!

• Posted

I'm not sure if you can do this while pregnant, but I used to soak a tampon in plain Greek yogurt for about 10 minutes and then insert it 2-4 hours about a week

• Posted

I'll have to do some research but I did buy plain Greek yogurt yesterday to try that. Illl look to see if other pregnant women have tried this and see if it's safe for me to try. Thanks for your advice!

• Posted

Boric acid and probiotics should both be safe for your situation I think. You can freeze yogurt into little balls that you can insert and will melt and help correct the ph and introduce good bacteria.  Good luck hopefully you get some relief and put your worries at rest a little!  
    • Posted

Boric acid? Okay I will look into this as well. Never heard of this before. Freezing the yogurt sounds like a great idea. I'll start that tonight and let you know how that works out! Thank you! Thank you!

• Posted

I suggest you try the vinegar wash.... about 2 cups of warm water and put about half a cup of white vinegar for final wash..... 
  • Posted

Im so happy to hear that somebody with my same problem can get pregnant !!! I m try so hard to get pregnant but its not happen yet I though with BV was almost imposible .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.