Premenopausal? And now a tingling head and hair loss 😢😢..please help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I came across the site whilst looking up my symptoms and was wondering if anyone could please give me some advice,I just turned 43 a few days ago but this past few weeks I have noticed my hair is coming out around the front and sides 😢😢 and now this past week I have started getting what I can only describe as cold flushes every night..I have always suffered with insomnia so its nothing new for me to get to sleep around 4 am but the hair loss is stressing me out its as if my hair no longer has any life in it,its just lifeless ..I am on 75mg of mirtazipine for apparently stress as 2 years ago I suddenly started developing heart problems and I've went downhill from there..major weight loss,mood swings,hot flushes ,crying,stomach problems then it all kind of stopped after 18months ,my periods the past two years have been hit and miss I might get one a month then nothing for a few months I have been taking kelp 1000mg for about two weeks and last week added omega 3 550mg with vitamin e &d3 but have read b6 and b12 might help with the hair loss (I'm not being vain but the hair loss is stressing me the most 😢😢 I've also read black kohosh and soya and a tablet called hair plus might help and vitamin c and d but I haven't a clue really what to take..my doctor isn't very helpful he basically said take these promethazine hydrochloride 25 mg and come back next month..please eee could anyone advice me on what vitamins are good...

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello Daisyduk sorry you are having a hard time. I had a problem a few years back with my hair amoung other things.. It turned out I have a under active thyroid that was causing me to lose my hair. Wish I had some good advice for you I have never been very good in that department just a good listener. Good luck hope you feel better. There are lots of good and educated ladies on here maybe one will pop in and can lead you in the right direction. Have a blessed day smile

• Posted

Im sorry you are going through this at 43 i don't really know what to do or say, I have some hair loss due to my low thyroid but nothing to bad as to what you are going through. I'm sorry you developed heart problems too hope that gets worked out. 

I feel that you need to just stop stressing about your hair or it will make things worse with having anxieties. 

Stress can do a lot of things and when you are in menopause and stresed out it can affect everything 

Try not to stress yourself out about your hair try to do some yoga learn how to relax and don't think about your hair right now just get better and help your heart problems by not making yourself so stressed out 

Your life ismore important that just hair loss

• Posted

iv been having hair loss iv been geti g it on and off for around 10 years were itl suddenly just start falling out itl get rewaly thin terribly thin infact and then itl stop and gradualy grow back, so when now it happens i dont know if its menopouse or somthing else. u less i have been going through meno since my mid 30s.as thast when it all started. i did have all my bloods checked a few weeks ago and so i. asuming my thyrode also was checked.

i was just told im low on estrogen iv started on kelp and other vits but at beging of spring i was taking silica and i think that ehlped abit. as when i ran out and didnt get any more i noticed my hair falling but i have been having more meno probs.

• Posted

D19 by the way is silica a vitamin lov ?
  • Posted

Thank you ladies..I guess its just something we all go through but I just didn't expect it at this age ,I know its only hair but that along with my skin feeling like its aged about 10 years in a few weeks..I can't even get face cream to sink in it just seems to sit there 😔i did have all my bloods checked a few weeks ago but nothing came up so I'm starting to think I must be bringing on all this by myself or imagining it..even my when my heart played up I was put through all types of tests and scans and ecgs nothing came up but the hospital did acknowledge something was causing it to go into AF..I wish there was a magic pill to sort it all...has anyone tried any vitamins or supplements that have helped them.?
    • Posted

Hi hun

I like you am having the same perimenopause problems . Im now 48 been in perimenopause 8 years. Anxiety is a major thing when our hormones are playing up. I developed health anxiety and can cause palpitations and other weird symptoms. Im on 15mg of mirtazapine AD. I could write a list of endless symptoms I have butI wont. When you get to talk to all the lovely ladies on this forum you will see that your not alone in this. Sometimes that in itself can make you feel better. Stay strong we will all get through this hormonal roller coaster together xc

• Posted

Thanks Michelle x can I ask did any vitamins work for you ive been googling all sorts vitamin b6 b12 vitamin d and e and iron but I haven't a clue what to take oh and black cohosh and soya Lol ..a certain high Street health shop is going to make a fortune on me ..I can't get to see my doctor for another two weeks so can't even ask him yet what to take.....sorry to hear you have went through this for 8 years that must be hell.
    • Posted

Im on iron as im aneamic but vitamins make me nauseas so not on any. Take a low dose antidepressant mirtazapine but on the bad days that dont work x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.