Prescription not ready - I run out tonight!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Help!

I dropped my repeat prescription off at the doctors on Monday passed so it would be ready before I run out, which is tonight.

I went in to collect it from the pharmacy today, however they have advised that it isn't received!

I'm on 10mg of Sertraline and very anxious about missing any dosages as I have only started to level or while on the tablets.

What can I do? Do I ring NHS Direct??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

That would be a good start - I'm sure they will tell you what to do. Always check things haven't got lost for something like this - I bet you won't risk it again!
    • Posted

NHS 111 helped, picking it up tomorrow. They think the GP lost the prprescription in the send over.
    • Posted

Great!!!! I rarely have a problem - I have to go to the doc and fetch the prescriptions but I always use the same pharmacy here in the village and if I do run out they will give me a packet until I get a prescription. I have to pay for it in the meantime - but that is Italy for you!

Hope it doesn't happen again! You'll be able to sleep better tonight.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.