pressure in head

Posted , 5 users are following.

Have constantly had this pressure in my head all day, have took ibuprofen which has done nothing for it. Took myself back to bed and still woke up with it. It's all in the right side of my face and around my ear. It's making me feel slightly faint every now and then and all I want to do is close my eyes. I suffer with migraines including pressure migraine but I'm not sure if this is one of them? Any advice would be great.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Coul dit be worrying about something...a work deadline?

I went to the hospital and, believe it or not, they referred me to this site and the site's explanation of tension headache

• Posted

My opinion..........stay on the ibuprofen to get u through 
    • Posted

It will prob take at least 5 days before u can see an effects of the ibuprofen
  • Posted

Hi no not worrying about anything and have had it 4 days now. I have taken Co codimal and that hasn't helped. Can't get to drs til next week as there's no appointments. It's just constantly feeling like someone is squeezing the inside of my head and I feel like I wanna pass out.
    • Posted

I have it now.......I can't get rid of it.  Ibuprofen does nothing for me.  

I'm taking 200 mg gabapentin three times but I stil get it sometimes and I have it now.  Cold flannel on the back of the neck and drinking lots of water will hopefully make it subside.

• Posted

It's horrible isn't it! I've had a hot water bottle on back of my neck all evening, taken CoCodamol twice and ibuprofen, done nothing to ease it in any way sad
    • Posted

Not trying to burst bubbles, but why hot water ? I would think cool ........Ibuprofen eases, not sating it works, I'd stay on them if nothing
    • Posted

Because when u rung 111 the clinicians said put hot water bottle there, not that it helped. Day 6 and still suffering like crazy sad
    • Posted

I've been told to alternate between hot and cold. When I'm in pain...I'll try anything.

If you say JUMP, I'll say HOW HIGH.

• Posted

Ya...if your doc font know, not sure how they will. I'm sorry I'm so negative, I am just so sick of being sick, as u must be also, sorry Nikki hope we both feel better. 
    • Posted

It's ok I understand. I suffer from a few other conditions as well so completely understand the negativity and as you said sick of being sick. When no one can give you an actual answer it just makes it all the more frustrating!
    • Posted

Its sure is......I just hope that when I see the Nuerologist he gives me an answer
    • Posted

..................and whatever the next step is....I hope that the waiting list is not too long.  

• Posted

that's pretty good.

Make sure you tell him/her what you are experiencing on your WORSE day......  dont say..some days it's manageable.

• Posted

Ya, I know what u mean...........I will ! thanks for the info. If one does say that, then they figure its not so bad !
    • Posted

Hey what was the word from your Neurologist apt? Are you still having there symptoms?
    • Posted

Hi Thera...........yes he said its Migraines, and it brings on sinus issues also, he has me on Propranalol now for a few months, it has reduced the pressure prob by 75% he also has me on triptans when it gets bad. Its still hanging in there , but at least I can do things now. I recall when I fist got the pressure I searched the internet SO hard and I found the Triptans and asked my GP for them and he said....."oh not that wont work".....angry now when I think of it, making me suffer that long. How are u and what are your symptoms ?
    • Posted

They diagnosed me with "Daily Persistant Headache". I have a hard time with that diagnosis. I have suffered from headaches on and off in my life and this is not a headache. I have had this pressure and head pains 24/7 since Oct. 2012 I am 27, F, and 100% happy and healthy prior to this. I woke up one morning feeling hungover w/o alcohol and I wake up feeling like that every morning now.

Some of us from another discussion have started an email group. We are collecting everyone's stories and they are growing. We think it will help get these symptoms seriously recognized if we get enough people with these symptoms. If you go to the discussion "Head Pressure" started by Allen14588 read some of the latest comments. A lot of us have been dealing with this for years now. We have tried every medication and test and seen every doctor. This is diminishing a lot of people's lives. If you are interested in joining the email group PM me your email address and I will add you. Your post sound so similar to ours and you have got the same diagnosis. I think we can find an actual cute an not just medication management. If your uncomfortable giving out your email just make a new one for this. I think you will be surprised when reading the other stories they are just like ours.

• Posted

Hey Thera....I just fully read your post, sorry, after posting what I posted I have been SO sick ever since, cry...........sad but I want to ask u , your head pressure, is it the same as a "your headache" oris that 2 diff. things for u, the pressure is right dead centre of my head and it throbs like if u hit your thumb with a hammer, pulsate would prob be the word, also pulsates from my breast up, even my neck. what I dont understand and I have asked that many times, is that a Migraine, or is this what we are calling head pressure ?.......another weird thing I myself have bin since since Oct. 2013 I went home thinking I had a cold,with congestion and it hasnt left, I wake up hungover also and I dont drink, I use to jog and was in very good shape, I now gained 25lbs from eating and being sad, I can now say depressed its bin so long. I want u to heal and get healthy !!
    • Posted

Sounds like we are feeling and going through close to the same thing. It truly is depressing and frightening.

So my head pressure is all over my head. Sometimes there is pressure in my face and ears too. I also get pains in my head, in random spots. I don't consider this a headache. If I have been crying or am tired etc. I can feel a headache come on, on top of this. I get really light headed when I bend over or stand up. I too feel almost like tremors in my chest and that pulsating feeling your talking about in my head. Sometimes when it's really bad the pulsating in my head will caus a slight blurred vision with black splotches that pulsate with my head. It's the best I can describe it.

I have also had 3 years of congestion and post nasal drip.

Hang in there. A lot of people are looking into this. We will get answers soon I am confident. It's easier said than done but try to stay busy and moving in a forward direction in your life. I put the last three years on hold to combat this and regret it. Just keep doing the things you love and keep busy and distracted. It's the only thing that helps me. But never give up on looking for the cause of this. We will find it.

Message me anytime to share how your feeling or coping. The more we talk about it the better. Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.