Pressure in Head related to POTS...?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been dealing with constant head pressure for over 2 years and I just recently got a diagnosis of POTS... Which is Postural Orthostatic Tachcarydia Syndrome... Been treated for it currently however no change in head pressure. Wondering if anyone has head pressure and POTS and if they have found things that help...?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Eren I am so sorry. This is I believe part of your EDS which has caused this. I had POTS Type symptoms after the birth of my last son. You say your are taking medication. I presume you are under the care of a neurologist. You don't say if you have other pots type problems. If you feel dizzy, faint, palpitations, insomnia, needing the toilet in the night (nocturia) unfrefeshing sleep, sleeping too much, not being able to sleep. These are all symptoms that your body is out of balance. The word is Dysautomnia. I do think your neurologist will be the best person to help advise you whether you need more treatment. 
    • Posted

Yeh this all started after a virus and a skateboard accident; diagnosed with Pots and cervical misalignment. Been treated for both however no change in head pressure, overstimulation, lightheadedness...
    • Posted

Well you must tell your GP. I know that the symptoms of POTS are new to many GPs but I suggest that you see your GP again. Have you looked up POTS UK? this is a brilliant newly formed charity which has a young persons sub group they will probably be far better than I to help you explain your problems. If they worsen then I suggest you ask to be referred back to your neurologist Good luck Eren 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.