Prickly heat rash long term problem.. link to pics

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys. I suffer from this prickly heat thing for year. Used to just hide from sunshine and not make my skin stay on the sun for to long. 2 years ago I started traveling, went to Turkey and had a veery bad red, itchy rash allover my body. face, arms, chest, legs, back... didnt know much about it then so just tried to drink calcium - didnt help at all. last year I went to South Africa, used the Soltan suncream and it this stop the rash for a bit and eventually it appeared again.

I suppose there is many people struggling with it. I'm looking for remedy, something that will help me enjoy holidays in the sun, without worrying and maybe one day have a bit of tan.. sad

Thanks for any help peeps x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you talked to a doctor or pharmacist about it?
  • Posted

not a doctor - yet. pharmacist told me to start taking hayfever tablets 2 weeks before holiday. this is what I did this year - no effect.
    • Posted

A lot of people suffer from prickly heat and try all sorts of things from vit C to Aloe Vera. I am not sure if any of them work though. I did hear of one lady who used that dettol soap, I forget the name and that worked, also someone else who took steroids, but I think that was overkill and not a good idea. Use an anti allergic suncream not an ordinary one and follow all the rules of wearing cotton, keeping cool with a swim etc.
  • Posted

Did you ever hear about the injections for it?
  • Posted

Exposure to heat will cause you to sweat more and may make your rash worse - sunny places like Turkey and South Africa don't help!

Drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration and wear loose cotton clothing.

Keep your skin cool - use calamine lotion or possibly hydrocortisone cream.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.