Probiotics for Acid Reflux, Headaches, Sinusitis

Posted , 29 users are following.

Hello there and thanks for reading this. I had terrible problems with ear ache, blocked ear, constant headaches, blocked nose, face pain, wheezing, coughing, fatigue etc. Was told the so called sinusitis was caused by acid reflux and I must take the usual mediciation. But this made me feel far worse so I had to stop. I then did a lot of research and tried bicarbonate of soda and it's varios mixtures, but it made it worse, the cough and wheezing got worse. What worked for me was taking live probiotics for a long time. Both in live yoghurt and in capsule form.

You have to take the right strains. This is where most go wrong. They take ANY biotics and assume they all do the same thing. That is like saying that yellow is the same as pink. Am now totally well and have been for long enough to know it is permanent.

6 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I am interested in taking probiotics but haven't a clue, can you let us know what you take and where you get it from?
  • Posted

Hi Carmel which probiotics did you take out of interest? I agree that they have to be the correct strains. I also felt much better after taking symprove. But I stopped after 3 months of taking it and should have carried on with a maintenance dose. So I'm going to try again.
  • Posted

Hi Carmel, I found your comments very interesting and positive. I too would like to know what you take and how long you took it before you noticed some positive effects. It's so nice to hear of someone doing well for a change!
  • Posted

hope others pay attention..too many believe if they don't get quick results it's not working..with trillions of probable bad bacteria..takes time to colonize..and taking them with yogurt kefir (lactic acid) boosts their actvity.

could take weeks. process too is important..maybe Carmel will share her detail..claudio

• Posted

Thanks for the added info Claudio. Yes for me it took a couple of months taking it every morning.
  • Posted

Hi Carmel I am suffering with this as well Dr has given me tabtels to take had to different kinds and they are not working very well I also suffer from coughing and feeling that there is a lump in my throat and I have terrible fatigue please could you have any advice thanks x
    • Posted

Why can't you read my post about GI cocktails come on here am i not important here 

• Posted

My entire issue started with going to an ENT doctor. I was having ear aches, pains in my jaw, burning ears and other "sinus" symptoms. I ended up on antibiotics which caused bladder infection, then MORE antibiotics for the bladder infection, I was on antibiotics for a constant 3 months. THEN the back pain started, which led me here to this forum. My back hurt when I burped of all things! Crazy! My daughter finally suggested probiotics and I am completely cured of all my previous problems. I hope that probiotics can help people on here! Like I've said before on here I take 50 Billion live cultures a day in one capsule, it's SO easy! Mine is a "critical care" dose with 10 active strains of cultures. I will continue to take it. Thank you all for letting me vent on here! smile
    • Posted

Thanks for sharing your experience jenny. It's wonderful that you've cured yourself with probiotics! Well done!
    • Posted

Anastasia it's been an eye-opening experience for sure. I'm so thankful that my daughter helped me find the cure. My health got so bad and my back pain was so bad that she was doing my housework, driving me everywhere, and even walking my dog. So, I think her motivation was strong to find a cure for me! hahaha! I'm thankful no matter what! My doctor kept saying my back pain was arthritis. I said, "So, let me understand this, arthritis hurts my back when I burp?" I almost laughed in his face! Acid reflux is not a laughing matter as everyone on here knows, the pain is terrible. But the cure exists if a person is willing to try it. It took a few days to notice a difference and a week to see no pain. But it's worth it. Onward and upward! smile
    • Posted

Why do people skip reading my posts about GI cocktails what the hell this makes me feel like i don't belong 

• Posted

thanks for very informative suggestions as my condition wass bought on by similar conditions to you I am interested in what you take too like others can you message me so i can look into what is available and what may also help me . I am doing quite well on diet only but anything natural that helps me get a fuller recovery  would be a bonus.Well done to you for finding this out
    • Posted

Hi Mo! Well, I take 50 Billion live culture probiotics in one capsule a day. There are 10 strains of the probiotic cultures in each capsule. I buy the refrigerated probiotics so that the live cultures are just that, live! My daughter saw this information on a PBS special on TV. Do you get PBS (Publc Broadcasting Station)?  It doesn't matter if you do or not, it's just a useful source of information. Go to a Healthfood Store refrigerator section to get the probiotics. If they don't have them, ask them to order them for you. You must be proactive in your search, it means your future health! smile
    • Posted

Why can't people read my post about GI cocktails this makes me feel very depressed 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.