Problem getting Nefopam

Posted , 4 users are following.

has anyone not been able to get their prescription for Nefopam dispensed? When I took my prescription to the pharmacist he couldn't give me my full quota. He said there's a problem with getting the drug so I'm owed about 2 weeks supply and it's nearly time for my next prescription to be dispensed. Because of this I've only been taking it on a night. I also take codeine (I have rheumatoid arthritis) but Nefopam is great when I need something extra for the pain.

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

My pharmacist has now managed to source some Nefopam thank goodness.
  • Posted

Hello, I have just been put on Nefopam and was only given 19 and i am owed 71 as the pharmasist is struggling to get them, hopefully i will get some more soon. How are you finding them, do you think they are helping you. I have Septic and Osteoarthritis. I have had two knee replacements, have arthritis in both of my knees and lower back. 

Elizabeth.

• Posted

I'm now getting my Nefopam without any problems. When I first started to take them they made me feel a bit drowsy but that's now subsided. I also take codeine phosphate and when I find I'm still in pain or I've had my daily doseage I take Nefopam and find it works well. That's the good thing about this drug it's perfectly safe to take with other analgesics. I hope your pharmacist gets your remaining tablets ok.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply. I am also taking Codeine and Naproxen. I will see how i get along.
    • Posted

Hello, I have run out of Nefopam now and am unable to get any for the forseeable future, only had 19 as that's all they had, i have checked other chemists in the next town and apparently the manufacturers haven't got any and no date when they will be available. Was finding them helping with the pain as well. Feeling a bit let down now. 

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Oh that's awful. There was a supply problem at Christmas but I thought they had sorted it out. With some drugs the pharmacist can go to a different manufacturer but I think there's only one who distributes Nefopam. I'm due to reorder mine in a couple of weeks. I'll probably have the same problem.
    • Posted

I have tried three different pharmacists and two different towns  and none had any in stock. Nefopam was helping with the particular pain i was getting. I didn't get any sleep till 5.30 this morning. We will have to keep hoping it get resolved soon. 
    • Posted

When my pharmacist couldn't get the Nefopam for me at Christmas he said to leave it with him and low and behold 2 weeks later he got some. I've since had 2 more prescriptions without any problem. Did your pharmacist say he would try again for you? 
    • Posted

Yes my prescription is with the pharmacist that delivers regularly to me. I took the slip of paper that showed i was owing the 71 pills to other pharmacists. If someone else had stock i would of had to get another prescription from GP and cancel the other one because its all to do with who gets paid. So yes my normal pharmacist as prescription and will keep trying. Could do with a years supply in one go lol.
    • Posted

It's typical isn't it? You find something that works and then the drug company can't maintain the supplies! I also take Naproxen and Codeine and find along with the Nefopam I can keep on top of the pain.
    • Posted

I take Naproxen and codeine and gaberpentin and the nefopam was great the 7 days i had of it. I will let you know when i get anymore.
    • Posted

I phoned my pharmacist this morning asking about getting the Nefopam, again they said that the manufacturer wasn't supplying, then this afternoon i received my 71 tablets owing, so where they got them from i don't know unless they phoned other pharmacists? Hope you get yours soon.
    • Posted

I phoned my pharmacist this morning asking about getting the Nefopam, again they said that the manufacturer wasn't supplying, then this afternoon i received my 71 tablets owing, so where they got them from i don't know unless they phoned other pharmacists? Hope you get yours soon.

• Posted

Hello elizabeth. I'm really pleased you managed to get the remainder of your prescription. That's what happened to me around Christmas. The pharmacist could only give me part of my prescription and said there was a problem with the distributor then low and behold 10 days later I got the rest. I've just ordered my repeat prescription so fingers crossed however I would have enough to tide me over but in view of your problem I thought I'd request them. I'll let you know how I get on. You must be almost due to reorder again are you elizabeth? 
    • Posted

Thankfully i have 71 to keep me going, will reorder in a couple of weeks. Good luck. 
    • Posted

Hello, are you still able to get your Nefopam. I have just managed to get the last 19 they had left. Hoping to get some more soon. Just ordered another prescription. 
    • Posted

Hello elizabeth I got all of my Nefopam prescription only last week so I was really pleased as you can imagine. Fingers crossed for you but it appears my pharmacist isn't having a problem at the moment. I'm going to carry on requesting it even if I have just enough to last another month because I'm so worried there's a problem again.
    • Posted

Hope you do elizabeth. Surely if I'm getting mine ok it should be for you as well. Let me know if you don't and I'll speak to my pharmacist and ask him if he gets it from anywhere different.
    • Posted

Hello, i am expecting some to be delivered on Monday, the pharmasist said they had some in stock. Apart from at the begining i have not been without. Thanks for asking. Hope your still getting yours. 
    • Posted

Fingers crossed at the moment I've not had a problem again. I do find I have a loss of appetite when I take it which is a good thing at the moment because I'm trying to lose weight.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.