problems Im dealing with

Posted , 4 users are following.

I started out with my left eye running like I was crying. Figured I had an eye infection so i called the Doctor to have eye drops called in. I tend to battle this when there are fields being burnt around us. The next morning I woke up and my lips were numb and half my tongue. Went to work after I took some benadryl and by 11 my eye would not blink and the leftside of my face was numb. My speach was slurred.. so went straight to the Doctors and he said he felt it was BP. But he decide to send me to the ER since my Blood Pressure was so high. I had a CT MRI and ultra sounds done and after an over night stay in the hospital..I was released with a diagnosis of BP. Ever since I have battled feeling weak and tired all the time. I can sleep 12 hours wake up eat and sleep another 12. This happen on july 10,2016 and its now August 3rd and Im still dogged by the weakness and tiredness. has anyone else experienced this.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes amy sounds like bells palsy, I had the runny  eye also. Same with tongue an no taste buds but i also had severe pain in the back of my left ear, sounds like you may have tge same but not as severe, there a quite a few systoms and sounds like you may have had the same , good luck hope it dosent last to long. 
    • Posted

Does the eye EVER stop running?  I have had that trouble for 2 years.

• Posted

It has been 3 yrs for me, we all seem to have similar systoms, 3 yrsandI look thesame but i can still feel my systoms just not as bad , when i take pics I definitely see ive changed, i am so fearful of it returning, ive taken a less stressful job an try keep stress as non existent as possible, my eye tears not to often , but still have some pain in my ear and back of my ear, think time is all we can do is exercise our facial muscles an try limit some stress , 
    • Posted

What kind of exercises do you do?  My mouth is very crooked when I laugh or smile.  I never had any pain, knock on wood.
    • Posted

Sharon, you can do facial exercises and massage ur face and also try singing that uses alot of muscles, you are very blessed not to have had pain, i had severe jolts about every 15 seconds to the back of my neck ( the 7 th crainal nerve) then into my ear, any loud noises like dog barking, fireworks really hurts my ear an its 3 years later. Good luck best of health 
  • Posted

I can relate. Got bilateral Bell's Palsy in January & spent 3 nights in hospital. No definite cause for mine- probably a virus. With the help of my eye doctor & physical therapy I have come a long way in 6 1/2 months. I hope to start speech therapy soon. I have tear duct plugs & another plug above my left eye for the dryness. I also use gel in my eyes 4-6 times a day. I would recommend seeing an eye doctor who has experience with this. Good luck.

• Posted

Oh wow speech i was fortunate not to have to do that , i was out of work for 45 days, and yes minewas sometype of virus, i too needed gel drops , my ear the noise is still hurting my ear, i have frequent massages which workedfor me , it hasbeen 3 yrs, best of health ro tou 
    • Posted

You say you have tear duct plugs, does your eye not water excessively or not?  I'm thinking my tear ducts aren't working because tears run straight down my nose. 

• Posted

My eyes watered a lot at first, but not much now. I have an amazing eye doctor and have done as he suggested. Lots of luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.