problems with the forum

Posted , 7 users are following.

anyone else having problems with the forum?? everytime im looking at a post it disapears and goes back to the top page even when im trying to post an answer to someone ,its only happening in the last 24 hrs .yet when i post a new thread this one it lets me

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Nope.  Looks OK and functioning as it should to me.

Reboot time perhaps?  Or run a malware scan.

• Posted

Hi Linda,

Yes, I am. Already in touch with moderator and trying to give him more accurate info.

Basically, when I type a message it doesn't go through and I then get a weird message. Don't know if it's the forum or anything to do with WIN 10 which I've just installed on my laptop.

John

• Posted

to assist admin I'm using win7 and chrome and its normal.
  • Posted

No doubt in my mind that it's Windows 10. My son had issues with it immediately and had to do a clean install to get rid of it by going to 'recovery' and reverting to the last installed winddows.

• Posted

This has been happening to me for some time now. Very frustrating. I now type off the site, then cut and paste.
  • Posted

Not happening to me. . .I use Safari . . .Mac computer.  Lots of people seem to have problems with windows 10 . . 

• Posted

So far so good today. I access it from my phone. There were issues awhile back, but the moderator took care of them very quickly.

Hope all is well soon!

• Posted

thanks all !!! it seems better now .it was losing connection and going back to posts that id been to a few days ago very strange its like it had a mind of its own . ive got windows 8 . so hopefully im back.ha!!
    • Posted

oh my god its at it again ill have to stop using it .im not having any trouble using any other site good luck to all  il try some other day
    • Posted

I had the same problem and still do at times but also had the same problem on Facebook.

I access this on my iPad and felt it was that which was the problem.

liz

• Posted

Hi all,

If anyone is having issues with the forums please either send me a Private Message with more details or reply here with as much information as you can. As there are so many ways of accessing the site via different PCs, tablets, phones and various browsers it is hard to pinpoint individual issues. Info that would help is as below and if at all possible you can upload images to the site as per the links at the bottom of this post.

What the problem is and when it happens, ie page jumping, any error or other messages etc and if just viewing or posting. We have also had some reports of the social icons/ads getting in the way.

What you are using, ie laptop/PC, tablet or phone including model.

Operating system (Windows/iOS/Android etc) and versions if known.

Which browser and version you are using, ie Internet Explorer 11, Chrome, Firefox etc.

Info about adding images:

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/402861-how-do-i-add-an-image-to-my-post

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398390-why-can-t-i-use-formatting-or-add-an-image-to-my-p

Thanks,

Alan

• Posted

thanks alan ive just got back my laptop from repair ,hopefully it has solved the problem ,it may not have anything to do with the forum .well i hope so as ive had to fork out 130 euro to clean up the thing .i hope i was not ripped off .ha!! thanks again
    • Posted

Hi Alan

I avent been abe totype straight into his site for a long time n.  This is what happens when I.  I notype in Word, thpasteonto he

Now in “English”….I haven’t been able to type straight into this site for a long time now.  This is what happens when I do.  I now type in Word, then paste onto the site.

• Posted

Hi Sue,

Can you provide as much info as you can from what I listed above please, ie phone/device etc.

Thanks,

Alan

• Posted

It would appear to be ok St the moment, but any problems I will send you the details.

Liz

• Posted

Sorry Alan.. At work: Windows 7 Pro SP1 PC, Internet Explorer v 11.0.27  at home I either use the same or Ipad air2 via wi fi.

The issues only started a couple of months ago, first by the page jumping all over the place as soon as you started typing and then the words. Even changed batteries in keyboard!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.