Prochlorperazine Maleate, To use or not to use?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Anyone has the experience of using Prochlorperazine Maleate to control dizziness (BPPV Vertigo or other kind of Vertigo, VN)? Any good? Do I have to take several days for it to take effect? Side effects you experienced?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jimmy

There seems to be a lot of info on Wikipedia regarding this.I personally have not heard of this tablet

• Posted

I personally could not tolerate it, and stopped taking it after first few doses!
  • Posted

Hi jimmy i am on them i find them a help but my doctor told me they are a cover up they dont make the dizziness go away but it does calm it down
    • Posted

they said it creates another kind of dizziness smile I feel dizzy now but I don't know if I need to pick it up again. Apparently the prescription says "one three time daily when needed" confuses me. What if I feel dizzy just in afternoon or at night? GP cannot say it clearly.
    • Posted

No just feel really sick never actually am though well ive just had a phonecall i got to meet with the healthboard cos ive been pushed from pillar to post with noone helping me and ive put in a complaint cos where they havent sorted me ive lost my job
    • Posted

You still take them even if you arent giddy it keeps it at a minimum well it does with me
  • Posted

Hi Jimmy

I couldnt tolerate them but then I couldnt tolerate any of the epilepsy or beta blockers that I was given.  They all made me depressed really seriously.  I am now waiting for botox on May 6.  Its funny you should mention only being dizzy at one time of the day, as my day is much better mostly, except for the odd occasion, but I get really dizzy about 5pm going home and spend every evening dizzy until I go to sleep.  The only thing that stops it, is lying  on my side, very still where I can watch TV without turning my head and neck.

• Posted

I fear to sleep on my right side, up or left are ok.
  • Posted

Hiii I have dizziness more thrn two years I feel dizzy every min can't even go out.. I had those tablets it didn't helpdme at all..
  • Posted

Hi Jimmy

I've been prescribed Prochorperazine Maleate in the past.  Unfortunately they did not help with my symptoms of severe vomiting during vertigo and migraine attacks.  If you have been prescribed these it may be worth you trying them for a while as everyone seems to have a different result/experience with different medication.

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Jimmy,

I could not tolerate the pills (buccastem) for some reason (I would feel weak, sick, still dizzy and anxious), and the effects were pretty instantaneous. Interestinly, the very same drug worked incredibly well for me when given by injection at the GP's office - vertigo, nausea and other god-awful sensations would stop for a few days. I've got both BPPV and MAV (migraine associated vertigo). Best of luck!

• Posted

Just used it twice so far but feel as though I have a spot on my lip that I have placed superglue on all tight and feels funny.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.