Project Idea- helping people who suffer from Migraine

Posted , 5 users are following.

What services do you think we should include that would help you to control or manage migraines better 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What i find hard to find is a good Migraine Diary, being a patient for Botox i had to russle something up in Excel, but something simple that allows you to track 

Days

Times split into meal times

medication taken and amount taken

severity on a scale of 1 to 10

But nothing too complex that takes ages to fill in

I made an excel sheet where i used colours for Imigran dose, half a tablet was orange, a full tablet was red, and i just dotted them all about across a month as and when i took them and positioned that colour on a scale of 1 to 10 for severity, but thats as far as my Excel went...an idea anyway..

• Posted

It would be good to be kept updated with latest medication / devices and so on, that way we can go to our GP's and discuss..

• Posted

What I'd like is somebody that can actually help me, the GPs don't care as I've found out for nearly 40 years. Also in my area (York) there is one clinic at the NHS hospital which was of no help and one neuro consultant at the Nuffield who I feel is the same as the rest.  

I know there is an excellent migraine clinic in London that people talk about, but that's of no use to people in the North.  What we need is a good range of support nationally.

Personally I am now struggling on my own trying whatever I can find to stop the pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.